Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Check Engine Light went on (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/check-engine-light-went-28258/)

misterix 09-27-2009 05:50 PM

Check Engine Light went on

My check engine light went on my 2000 Honda Accord 4 cyl EX ULEV. I then checked the Manual. It said to make sure the gas cap is tight and drive it for 3 trips. Which I did. Please note I flushed my transmission fluid and had my CPU replaced too b/c of a non starting car earlier this year. Autozone ran a check with their machine and the print out came out with one of these problems, please tell me what I should do:

(Please note because it is not an official Honda machine it could be listed under the wrong manufacturer:

Honda:
Open or shut circuit condition
Poor electrical connection
failed TCC system
Automatic transmission fault

Poor connection at transmission
Internal transmission problem

Infiniti:
Bloced passage in transmission
Faulty TCM

Kia:
Failed damper clutch solenoid
Transaxle fault

Chrysler:
Low fluid level
Poor fluid quality
Defective torque converter cluter
Internal transmission failure
transaxle control system fault
failure of transaxle control modyle

Mazda:
Open or short circuit condition
failed TCC solenoid valve

Acura:
Low transmission fluid level
Poor electrical connection
failed TCC solenoid
Automatic transmission fault

Nissan:
check for poor connection
failed solenoid
TCM fault

Sabaru:
TPS misadjusted or faulty
MIL light up request

BMW:
Torque converter clutch circuit open

Mitsubishi:
Failed TCC
Transmission control system - mil request

Volkswagon:
Failed torque converter clutch solenoid
Transmission control system fault

Isuzu:
No communication with TCM
failed TCM

General Motors:
TCM requested mil illumination
The TCM has detected an emission related fault

Eagle:
Transaxle control system fault
ECM received a signal that the transaxle control module has a fault
shorted or opend circuit within transaxle
failure of transaxle control module

JimBlake 09-28-2009 08:59 AM

You forgot to list the error code number. Look towards the top of the printout, it'll say a number starting with "P", like P0123 or something like that.

misterix 09-28-2009 07:46 PM

P0700 was one of the error codes, the other I am not sure as I wrote them by hand since Autozone's printer wasn't printing it.

JimBlake 09-29-2009 07:59 AM

P0700 seems to be an overall tranny problem, usually accompanied by something like P17xx which is more specific. Hope someone else chimes in, I'm not much of an auto-tranny guy.

misterix 10-01-2009 02:50 PM

I pulled out FUSE 13 (Clock) on the passenger side fuses and put it back in. The check engine light went off, if it stays off I'll know it was built-in the computer to come on in a certain time if it doesn't I will have to go to a mechanic.

JimBlake 10-02-2009 07:43 AM

P0700 isn't set to come on at any certain time. But if it doesn't come back, then you know it was just a strange single thing and not a real problem.

Only the maintenance-required lamp is programmed to come on based on simple miles.