Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Code Po131 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/code-po131-64017/)

ericspyder 11-07-2016 11:29 PM

Code Po131

Hi all,

I have 2001 accord v6 sedan. Check engine light on. I did scanned, and have P0131 code ( O2 circuit Low voltage, Bank 1, Sensor 1).
Could someone tell me where is bank 1, Sensor 1 O2 sensor is?
What's part number of sensor that I can buy?
Where should I buy that sensor from?
I'm very appreciated for your help.
Thanks,

Ericspyder

JimBlake 11-08-2016 04:11 PM

The terminology of "bank-1" comes from certain cars have a sensor in each of the 2 exhaust manifolds. It looks like Honda V6 only has one front sensor (sensor-1) and one rear sensor (sensor-2). So this is the one forwards from the catalytic converter (not the one in the converter).

First thing you should do is check out the wiring connection for that sensor. The error code can't tell the difference between a flaky wire connection vs. an actual failed sensor. But for a 15-year old car, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the sensor.

The sensor actually measures the oxygen DIFFERENCE inside vs. outside the exhaust pipe. So if there's oil dripping or exhaust leak blowing onto the outside of the sensor, that might be your problem too.

I see this part number from Majestic's website (if you want to buy it from a dealer).
36531-P8C-A21
Pretty sure that Denso makes the actual factory sensors, so you can probably get it from car-parts chain-stores. Maybe someone will chime in with the Denso part #.

ericspyder 11-08-2016 10:35 PM

Thank you so much for your help. Very appreciated. This info will help me a lots.
I'll check connector and oil leaking as your advice before i buy it. i check at Amazon.com their price is very reasonable. Thanks again.
Ericspyder

JimBlake 11-09-2016 09:52 AM

You can probably find "generic" sensors on Amazon, then you'll have to splice the wires. I'd recommend finding the specific sensor so you just plug it in. I'm sure its available on Amazon if you pay attention to that detail.

ericspyder 11-13-2016 06:45 PM

Thank you for advice. After i clean the sensor body. clear the code, it's seem like working. But if i need to replace a new one, i'll find a generic, swapped the wires.
By the way, one more question. Do we clean the MAF sensor of this car? this Maf is after the throttle, not like newer car, it's in front of the throttle. thank you for your help.
Ericspyder

ericspyder 11-14-2016 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by ericspyder (Post 372495)
Thank you for advice. After i clean the sensor body. clear the code, it's seem like working. But if i need to replace a new one, i'll find a generic, swapped the wires.
By the way, one more question. Do we clean the MAF sensor of this car? this Maf is after the throttle, not like newer car, it's in front of the throttle. thank you for your help.
Ericspyder

MAP air flow sensor. Sorry for the mistake.
Ericspyder

JimBlake 11-14-2016 06:26 PM

MAP is manifold PRESSURE, that's not a flow rate sensor.

Normally there's no need to clean it, but if some strange reason a lot of oil blows through the throttle from the PCV system, then you'll have to clean a lot of that stuff.

ericspyder 11-15-2016 10:33 AM

Thank you for reply. Good to know. Thanks again.