Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Electrical Problems (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/electrical-problems-12487/)

edy7982 09-13-2007 04:09 PM

Electrical Problems

I have a short in my 1998 Honda Accord LX and I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough estimate on how much it would cost to fix it! I know that it is expensive, but I was wondering if anyone had a number.

Thanks,

Erin

00AccordLX5spd 09-13-2007 04:21 PM

RE: Electrical Problems

A short where? What led you to believe there was a short in the first place? What is the car doing?

edy7982 09-13-2007 04:29 PM

because I took it to the mechanic and he told, but car has been completl cutting off on me.

00AccordLX5spd 09-13-2007 04:36 PM

Is this a Honda Mechanic? Where did he say the short was?

RTexasF 09-13-2007 05:25 PM

You need to get another professional opinion. You are giving us zero information and expect an answer.....that doesn't work.

edy7982 09-14-2007 09:32 AM

Well I did get the answer that I need and there is no reason to be rude!

Thank you!

falkore24 09-14-2007 10:17 AM

Erin, the only person that is being rude here is you. You have not read the posting rules, do not have a proper signature and are demanding help without giving the information needed to understand your problem. The two gentlemen that have responded to you offer help on most topics and are among the most knowlegable people on here for general help. I'm glad that you've gotten the help that you need, but in the future you need to realize that these people are trying to help you, so regardless of the discussion, you are not allowed to have a temper.

Otherwise, welcome to HAF! Please read the posting rules and fix your signature.

JimBlake 09-14-2007 10:38 AM

Oh cmon. Lighten up.

Edy7982 was probably just repeating what the mechanic said. The mechanic probably didn't want to spend 20 minutes explaining how to fix it yourself...

Electrical work is funny. The bill should say:
$2.50 for splicing a wire.
$125.00 for knowing which wire to splice.

00AccordLX5spd 09-14-2007 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24
The two gentlemen that have responded to you offer help on most topics and are among the most knowlegable people on here for general help.
Not Me! I don't know jack!http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/i...lies/dunce.gif

deserthonda 09-14-2007 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: edy7982

Well I did get the answer that I need and there is no reason to be rude!

Thank you!
woooo .. my man,, think of it this way.
You are in the Ocean, in a boat ,fishing,, and you are asking the guy or girl next to you ,, What kind of fish do you think that i will catch ???
Well ,,a short in the car could be anywhere , in different systems, it could take 15 minutes , it could take hrs depending if it is a dead short or occasional short ,, but anyho,, Also you say car cuts off.. Do you mean it dies ?? IF SO,
there is a bulletin recall on the ignition switch ,, did you have that done ??
Going back to calling our members rude,, You could not be farther away from the truth ( especially OO Accord and RTEXAS ,, they go out of their way to help members and find the correct reply ) .. what makes this forum GREAT is that all the members respect one another .. We do not tolerate any abuse for any members or for other people seeking advices ( help) just joining in..
What they asked was a ligitimate question that any members here would ask including myself hundreds of times ,,, and that is
TO GIVE US more information so WE CAN PROPERLY HELP YOU..