Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Which Engine (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/engine-11335/)

phibbs87 07-29-2007 08:11 AM

Which Engine

Which engine swap should i do into my 97 Accord LX? i was looking at the h22a or the f20b. let me know

Velocifero 07-29-2007 11:13 AM

RE: Which Engine

please search, this topic has been covered 23234235324^3 times

Shadow1992 07-29-2007 06:39 PM

If you are going to take the time to right a response, you might as well answer his question. The h22a has a lot of performance items for it and due to its popularity for modification, there is a lot of support, advice, and 'been there done that' experience.

mck52689 07-29-2007 07:13 PM

either or your choice... both dohc vtec but ones a lil bigger and has diff cam setup....

phibbs87 07-30-2007 12:19 AM

thanks for actually answering my question. im in Iraq right now and dont have a lot of time to just search the topic completely. any vendors ya'll would recommend for finding the enige and all?

mck52689 07-30-2007 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: phibbs87

thanks for actually answering my question. im in Iraq right now and dont have a lot of time to just search the topic completely. any vendors ya'll would recommend for finding the enige and all?
Army, Marines?

Velocifero 07-30-2007 02:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1992

If you are going to take the time to right a response, you might as well answer his question. The h22a has a lot of performance items for it and due to its popularity for modification, there is a lot of support, advice, and 'been there done that' experience.
no i will not answer his question. ive answered this question a billion times. many on this site too. when i didnt know anything, i would search all the time until all my questions were answered. then as i knew more i would post. this topic is over done and you can find 30 threads on it in every Honda forum. if people would search more there wouldnt be all these useless threads laying around talking about the same subject. yet, if you keep spoon-feeding these newbs that join the site just ask a stupid question only to never be heard from again, then it will tarnish the integrity of this forum. theres a reason threads are archived - so that we may learn from the past. learn from others' questions and experiences.

phibbs87 07-30-2007 03:59 AM

Marines

00AccordLX5spd 07-30-2007 09:42 AM

I would go with the H22. More power and more common than the F20.
Be careful in Iraq and thank you for going over there for our country [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Shadow1992 07-30-2007 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

ORIGINAL: Shadow1992

no i will not answer his question. ive answered this question a billion times. many on this site too. when i didnt know anything, i would search all the time until all my questions were answered. then as i knew more i would post. this topic is over done and you can find 30 threads on it in every Honda forum. if people would search more there wouldnt be all these useless threads laying around talking about the same subject. yet, if you keep spoon-feeding these newbs that join the site just ask a stupid question only to never be heard from again, then it will tarnish the integrity of this forum. theres a reason threads are archived - so that we may learn from the past. learn from others' questions and experiences.

Congrats to you for knowing how to use the search. But if you don't feel like answering his question, then don't post a replay. And never slam a new guys question no matter how much you may think it's stupid and pointless. That looks bad upon you and upon the forum. And insulting them by calling them names like 'newbs'....that is the sort of thing that tarnishes this forum, not someone taking the time to answer the same question again and again, or new people making limited posts. If reading these posts and sending replies is so annoying to you, then maybe you should take a break from reading them. In no way is replying to someone's question with a helpful response a bad thing. You ever think to realize that although the question may seem to be the same old thing, maybe the postee misworded his intention so the search of the topic may not have given them the answer they needed?