Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   engine swap on 6th gen accord... READ ME (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/engine-swap-6th-gen-accord-read-me-13164/)

MrGmo 10-11-2007 10:09 PM

engine swap on 6th gen accord... READ ME

hello all, its me again, mrgmo calling all our wonderfull accord gurus... well lets get to the point...

i have been thinking my car isnt going to provide the power i deserve unless i put a turbo in it... and id rather not even go that route, but if i must i will, however i was wondering what are my options for swaping out the f23a1 and putting in something with more power... i mean it picks up ok (after 4k) but i was wondering if it was at all possible to swap that 2.3 with a dohc with a little more pep ....

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... thanks all

Thataccord 10-12-2007 08:11 AM

RE: engine swap on 6th gen accord... READ ME

I have a 6th gen. too and I was thinkin the same thing you were. I wanted an H22A which is the stock prelude engine and puts out about 200 hp but apparently its not a drop in like the 5th gen. but I do think you can swap an F20b fine. I was gonna try finding an acura TL-S engine with 260 hp and swapping that with mine and just putting the basics on. More weight but way more power haha. Your choice though.

00AccordLX5spd 10-12-2007 10:12 AM

H22 will fit but it's not as easy as on a 5th gen. F20 will fit too. There is no way that TL-S will fit without some serious and expensive modification. You might as well buy a TL-S for what you'd spend trying to put the engine in your accord.

MrGmo 10-12-2007 05:47 PM

wait so.... there isnt any direct drop in motor i can use???? what about putting better heads on the f23?? whats the gain on that.. and would it be worth it and reliable...

MrGmo 10-12-2007 05:51 PM

and whats a f20 motor??? isnt there more potential with a f23? i figure since its bigger??? help me understand pls

stevent 10-13-2007 01:33 AM

what 00AccordLX5spd say was that fitting a 6 cyl engine into a 4 banger will need serious work since the mounts are very different and it'll cost alot too. With all said and done, you might as well put that money forth towards the TL since it probably cost around or more than the price of the car.
But the f20 is the s2000 motor and I dont think you can put a rwd engine into a fwd engine unless serious work is done on it as well.
All engines have potential in two different areas. NA and boost.

MrGmo 10-13-2007 03:03 AM

i see, hmmmm interesting.....

and yes ive been thinking about the whole turbo thing... although my car has like 132k miles on it... so im kinda thinking this would rip the motor up... i just got it like 3 months ago and i dont know if its even been rebuilt or what not...

however near my house is a japanese motor import wharehouse where i bought a b16 for my civic at about 400 bucks...

in any case how easy is the h22 swap??? or what about H22 heads on a f23 ive seen threads that say this can be done to transform the f23 to a dohc.....

i found turbo kits for about 1000 bucks *T3 stage 3 kits.... that sounds reasonable... but like i said... im not exactly sure my motor would like the psi's ....i mean if i do go turbo i think id run it at the minimum psi... whatever that is....

thanks for all your future responses everyone...

00AccordLX5spd 10-14-2007 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: stevent
But the f20 is the s2000 motor and I dont think you can put a rwd engine into a fwd engine unless serious work is done on it as well.
All engines have potential in two different areas. NA and boost.

I was talking about the f20B engine, not the f20C. Click: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_F_engine#F20B_2

stevent 10-14-2007 01:10 AM

^ whoops haha

00AccordLX5spd 10-14-2007 01:13 AM

Honest mistake.I should have specified. Forgot the S2000 had a F20 series engine as well. But that would be frickin sweet if you could make that work in an accord. I don't see that being possibleas you already said