Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Engine Swap? Your opinions (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/engine-swap-your-opinions-1674/)

9JordonAccord9 01-12-2006 01:16 AM

Engine Swap? Your opinions

Alright yea, stock accord 99 lx. Alright, I know I can swap with 3 different engines, I want why one is the best of the other 2. I know the h22 is heaviest, I dont know by how much.
So basicly, which is the best? The k20, h22a, or the b18a?

I am looking obviously for the most power I can get out of the engine, I got a full exhaust and intake already, Im looking at turbo charging it, and I def need a light engine,haha...seeing how its an accord...I could use all the weight reduction I can get. THANKS!

6thgen 01-12-2006 02:49 PM

RE: Engine Swap? Your opinions

Your REAL three options are F22 (no point), H22, H23. There are no mounts for the K-series into a 6thgen accord yet. Also a B-series isn't good for torque on a 3000lbs accord and it's not a direct swap. The weight of the H series is not enough to be of any concern. It's not enough of a difference.

95SiR 01-12-2006 09:18 PM

gotta go for the h22a man,...forget h23a k and b series has no torque for the tank we are drivin lol, but why dun u rebuild that f series and turbo the crap out of it, lots better than swapin different engine and turbo it

lightshow 01-13-2006 03:08 AM

yes i would definately go for h22. a 1.8 wont have enough. also this is an outside option, but if you want the untimate in power and lightweight, go for an f20b, but plan on spending at least twice as much.

lightshow

6thgen 01-13-2006 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: lightshow

yes i would definately go for h22. a 1.8 wont have enough. also this is an outside option, but if you want the untimate in power and lightweight, go for an f20b, but plan on spending at least twice as much.

lightshow
Replacing parts on the F20b may suck too, even though most parts may be interchangable with the H22. You'll lose torque w/ the F20b also, but nonetheless. It'd be cool to have anyway.

Shocker 01-24-2006 01:49 PM

I have heard otherwise that the wieght of the H22A is a big difference oppose to the b18
i am alsodoing a swap myself i was looking into and h22 but think im gonna go a b18 turbo, does anyone have the wiehgts of the two engines or is there a website that will tell me that would be great

marbro 01-24-2006 09:46 PM

an h22 engine only weighs about 65 pounds more then an f23 i cant remember exactly what the f23 weights, think its around 300 pounds

leckey73 02-15-2006 11:14 AM

CHECK OUT HONDASWAP.COM

accord_94 02-18-2006 12:38 AM

i think that if you go with the f20b would be the coolest because you dont see it anyones accords because they just go with the h22.
yes parts are more money but a lot of the stuff it is already built, the crank is a real good one you dont have to upgrade it unless you plan on going over 500 ponys. ive thought about doing the swap but instead i stared to do looks. not a hard sawp, should only take about a weekend.

marbro 02-18-2006 04:05 AM

ok seriously, people are really over playing the whole h22 thing, considering the only real difference between the h22/23 and the f23 is the dohc.
When are people going to realize the sohc can be made to move the valves in the same way as a dohc, cause porting and a valve grind will cost you the same with any of the engine heads, just as sleeving the engine will end up costing you the same.
The only thing you have ot keep in mind is the rods will be completely custom cause no one makes the f23 rods other then as stock, the piston..... yeah, either engine would have to be custom depending on what you did, unless you settled for something that was already out there, if you change your engine you want forged pistons anyways.

Does an H22 head have better air flow then an F23, yes, but your going to port that anyways.
Is the bore of the H22 larger? yes but you have to sleeve the H22 if your going to run over 8psi of boost. So you might as well just port and sleeve the F23 block and have the same bore if not larger (going to 90mm when i get my engine work done, sob's dont do agressive bore and oversized sleeves so i cant do the 94 - 96 mm that I wanted (96mm bore on an F23 = 2807cc not including the valve dome))

Wouldnt mind 100mm bore..... yeah, a 4 cyl with as much displacement as the v6 model :D that would be awesome

Side note, both F & H engines the crank is strong enough to handle closer to 700 hp forged steel is your friend. ^_^

Rant completed