Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   F22 n/a build or H22 n/a build? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/f22-n-build-h22-n-build-11784/)

importnewbie 08-15-2007 04:47 AM

F22 n/a build or H22 n/a build?

i have figured out the handling department on my 4 dr accord. what about the engine? should i build up the F22 or swap for an H22? Is the H22 heavier? Which would be easier to build up?I am looking for something streetable or somewhat streetable. I am looking for a motor that runs strong through RPM range beacause i like running straight line as much as i like cornering.

sir_nasty 08-15-2007 12:54 PM

RE: F22 n/a build or H22 n/a build?

H22 is a bit heaver I think it's about 100 lbs heavier or so.... not certain though.... However, if you want to do a N/A build then H22 would stomp an F22 N/A build all day long, DOHC V-Tech's tend to lend better to N/A, if you wanted a turbo I'd say stick with the F22. The weight difference shouldn't be enough to destroy your handling and the added power will more than make up from any potential time losses from handling

Velocifero 08-15-2007 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

H22 is a bit heaver I think it's about 100 lbs heavier or so.... not certain though.... However, if you want to do a N/A build then H22 would stomp an F22 N/A build all day long, DOHC V-Tech's tend to lend better to N/A, if you wanted a turbo I'd say stick with the F22. The weight difference shouldn't be enough to destroy your handling and the added power will more than make up from any potential time losses from handling
what accord do you plan on putting this in? its closer to 80 lbs, but still more weight nonetheless. and Sir Nasty, i cant believe you just called VTEC, V-Tech. you should be ashamed...:D

00AccordLX5spd 08-15-2007 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

and Sir Nasty, i cant believe you just called VTEC, V-Tech. you should be ashamed...:D

[sm=laughat.gif]sir_nasty = [sm=owned.gif]

Just picking at ya buddy.

live2rice 08-15-2007 03:13 PM

My vote is for the h22 as well. high compression ratio stock, so you might not even have to upgade the pistons, could prob just get away with some bolt ons and cams and make decent power

the f22 is really only good for turboing, there arent all too many parts made for it. and sohc mid range vtec just isnt good for power.

plus some carbon fiber will make up for the weight difference:D

Thataccord 08-15-2007 10:45 PM

Yea Im for the H22 as well. Im thinking about gettin an H22 swap later this year and although its a bit heavier Im pretty sure it runs better through low and high rpms. I dno if you wanna do the whole individual throttle bodies thing cuz I heard it was harder to tune than turbo. But I also dont know very much about N/A compared to what I actually know about turbo.(Im only 16 theres a lot more experience to come haha)

Velocifero 08-15-2007 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

plus some carbon fiber will make up for the weight difference:D

hence, my hood.

importnewbie 08-15-2007 11:47 PM

I have 1990 4 dr accord with a 5 spd. the car is comletely gutted except for the dash and stock front seats. I drive it daily and run it hard everytime i drive it. she runs like crap if i baby her and i don't know why.

BlkCurrantKord 08-16-2007 02:44 PM

There is not that much weight difference between an H22 and F22. It is probably less than a 10lb difference.

sir_nasty 08-16-2007 04:36 PM

I've read that the H22 to a B series motor is only 8 lbs but I'm fairly certain that an f22 weighs less than a B Series....