Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   f22a1 cylinder head (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/f22a1-cylinder-head-28329/)

jmcmichael08 09-30-2009 10:19 PM

f22a1 cylinder head

broke he timing belt and bent some valves in my 91 accord lx 2dr 5spd. im looking for a new head but ive heard of some different head swaps people have done with the f22a1 blocks. if anyone has heard anything or done anything similar, let me know. or if you are selling a factory head, that would be good too.

Linda_kl 10-03-2009 03:45 AM

f22a1 cylinder head

just my 2 cents but i always like to use cylinder heads in sets, i would have bought both remans and installed them together.. one head can be different than another in say..port shape , chamber size, valve size..so on and so on

GOT BOOST 11-01-2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by jmcmichael08 (Post 185261)
broke he timing belt and bent some valves in my 91 accord lx 2dr 5spd. im looking for a new head but ive heard of some different head swaps people have done with the f22a1 blocks. if anyone has heard anything or done anything similar, let me know. or if you are selling a factory head, that would be good too.

I would look at replacing the F22A1 with the same head from a junk yard. Make sure the timing belt was not snapped on that one. :D

While you are at it you should strip the head have it dunked at a shop and check for leaks.

Also now is a good time to clean the carbon off the valves and replace the valvestem seals. You may have some bent valves in the new head. Pulling the valves will confirm this.

I would order a top end kit that will come with all the seals and gaskets you will need. Also replace the front main, oil seals and other misc seals since you are in there.

I would look into replacing the waterpump since you have access to it. :D

The heads from the junk yards will have a core on them. The heads are cheap. $40.00 I believe on average.

kally 11-04-2009 02:05 AM

would order a top end kit that will come with all the seals and gaskets you will need. Also replace the front main, oil seals and other misc seals since you are in there.

__________________________________________________ ____________
NO SPAM
NO SPAM

00AccordLX5spd 11-04-2009 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Linda_kl (Post 185478)
just my 2 cents but i always like to use cylinder heads in sets, i would have bought both remans and installed them together.. one head can be different than another in say..port shape , chamber size, valve size..so on and so on

f22a1 only has one head....

KevinAccord 11-05-2009 09:39 AM

i think he meant if he was to try some other head, like H22 or something else... or maybe he's just plain wrong... LOL
But i believe you should get new valves, and everything you broke and send the head to a machine shop to see if you can fix it.

EDIT: if not, then buy a new one... cheap fixes are bad fixes...