Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Fuel Additives (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/fuel-additives-5713/)

abhijitgp 10-30-2006 06:11 PM

Fuel Additives

hi,

For 1994 Honda Accord EX, with 189K miles on it, what kind of fuel additives can I use for better performance?

Thanks

sir_nasty 10-30-2006 06:22 PM

RE: Fuel Additives

I don't know that much of anything will give you better performance per say but you could try octane booster.... I highly doubt you'll notice a difference with just that but you could also get Nitrous and that's a fuel additive system that would increase your performance

abhijitgp 10-31-2006 04:07 PM

What about adding some some fuel injector cleaners and any such stuff? Does it really work? Coz I heard that such things screw up the engine and certain vital parts/ I guess, what I want to know is what kinda such products are safe and tes effective?

Thanks

RTexasF 10-31-2006 04:43 PM

Chevron Techron works well and is safe providing you don't overdose.

sir_nasty 10-31-2006 04:57 PM

stick with name brand stuff like Chevron and you should be fine, just pay attention to the limits the bottle says.... just like RTexasF said no problems as long as you don't overdo it

YeuEmMaiMai 10-31-2006 10:54 PM

sea foam is an excellent product for cleaning intakes and carbon deposits along as fuel injectors

abhijitgp 11-02-2006 12:18 PM

I read about the methods to use seam foam in General Tech Help area, but seemed like the instructions were not clear enough. Can anyone give step-by-step instructions once again? Also, is it true that a paste of baking soda + water, when applied to the rusted area takes the rust away? How long should u leave the paste on the rusted area and how do u take it off atfer the job is done? Can I apply it to the battery terminals as well?

THanks

RTexasF 11-02-2006 01:46 PM

I've never heard of it removing rust but it will clean the crud off of the positive battery terminal.

mbo1985 11-02-2006 08:44 PM

I seafoam my motors by feeding approx 1/3 of the bottle through the brake vac line with the engine running. After the motor sucks the sea foam in, it will probably be ready to quit. If it died before you got to get all (1/3 of the bottle) of the fluid in, have someone start it while you help feed the rest of the fluid in. Then I usually let the motor sit for 5 minutes or so. Then, come back and start it up. Don't use the gas pedal. The engine may be hard to start, but that's ok. Once it gets running just let it idle for 10 minutes or so. There will be a ton of smoke, and that's totally normal. After letting it idle, you may want to drive around the block a few times to make sure any excess sea foam is out of the engine.

as for the rest of the bottle, I put the other 1/3 in the crankcase the rest in the fuel tank. You don't need to do anything special there.

And don't foget to put that brake vac line back on!!

sir_nasty 11-02-2006 08:49 PM

don't put the baking soda/water IN your battery though.... despite what one of my family members thought when he was younger adding baking soda to a battery instead of distilled water doesn't work... *LOL*