Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Gen-4 Auto to Manual (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/gen-4-auto-manual-5456/)

mk2supra 10-14-2006 05:31 PM

Gen-4 Auto to Manual

New to the accord and I hate auto transmission.
Looking to do a manual swap on a EX-R Gen4.
Just looking for some information on what transmissions will fit in and the difficulty level.
I believe the engine is the F22A6.

sir_nasty 10-14-2006 05:42 PM

RE: Gen-4 Auto to Manual

Welcome to the forum... I'm not sure off the top of my head what transmissions fit but if you just got the one that came with the engine origonally (the manual that is) it'd be fine, it's only slightly more difficult than a plain tranny swap except you'll need to mount a clutch pedal and new stuff

You'll need at least:
Tranny,
Stick assembly with cables,
New Axles
clutch pedal and cable
Possibly a different ECU,
Not sure if the motor mounts from manual to auto are the same or not but that's a thing to consider as well
Maybe extra wiring

mk2supra 10-15-2006 06:55 AM

OK - new info on the car.
It's a 1990 according to all the door jams but it's got EX-R on the trunk lid.
It is an F series engine but I'm just not sure which version it is.
Hopefully that provides more information to the next potential poster.

Hondamatic 10-15-2006 01:15 PM

Where are you located? I actually have most of the parts you'd need to swap to Manual trans. I was going to do the swap into my accord, but a deer and tree put an end to my dreams of doing that the other night.

I have:
[ul][*] Trans (200k miles.. worked fine in last car, but I was going to have bearings, etc replaced while it was out anyway - Never had time)[*] Clutch Pedal + Master cylinder[*] Shifter + Shift linkages[*] Shift boot (little torn, like most, but will do) no shifter knob[*] Flywheel (needs resurfaced, donor car sat with no hood on it for a few months with engine out. [*] Manual Trans Mount[*] Rear Engine Mount for Manual trans
[/ul]

What else you'd need:
[ul][*] Clutch[*]Slave Cylinder[*] Driver's side CV/Driveshaft for a Manual Trans car. (Passenger side one should be the same for auto and manual)[*] Hydrolic line for Master to slave cylinder (I have this, but I installed it in my car already when I had the motor out. I don't know what the chances are of being able to take it out now, but you can grab one out of any junkyard car that has the motor removed)
[/ul]
That's all I can think of, I probably have more parts somewhere.

I paid 300 for all of the stuff I have, I'd be really happy to get 200 for it all though if you're interested. With what I have and another $300 for a new clutch, slave cyl, and driveshaft, you can be back on the road in under $500.

Oh yeah, I'm honestly too lazy to find it for you, but if you do a search for manual trans swap, there is all the info you possibly need about the swap including directions, wiring instructions, etc..

Hope that helps?

Brendan

marbro 10-15-2006 01:26 PM

i think with the older cars the tcu is a seperate unit from the ecu, but in any auto to manual swap, you dont need a new ecu, you just want to make sure the rev limiter is functional otherwise the tcu will just have a lot of unused lines