Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   H22a swap questions (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/h22a-swap-questions-26742/)

bboykidmike 07-18-2009 02:39 AM

H22a swap questions

Hey guys new to the forum, but have some questions.

I've had my accord for a while now, and am ready to invest in a H22a. In my local craigslist I found posting and it read "H22A1 complete block- no head"

When it comes to engines, im not quite confident of my knowledge, and dont want to get ripped off by this guy.

I was confused to what it ment by "no heads" so I called the guy to get more information about the engine. He said it has about 70k miles, and was wondering what comes with it like A/C pump, distributor, alternators etc...

He said it came with that stuff, and i told him i had an Accord, and he told me i could use some stuff off my current F22b engine on the H22a.

So my questions are how much should i pay for a h22a block with no heads?

What parts from my F22b can i use on the H22a? and is there anything specific that i need from the H22a that wont cant be used or found from my F22b?

I plan to take my friend and the guy who swapped his tranny for him to take a look at the engine, but I really dont want to miss out on an engine that is hard to find.

Whats your input?

christian2000accord 07-19-2009 12:19 AM

H22a is not a hard to find engine they are fairly common, so if its not right dont be afraid to walk away... theres lots of people on this forum who will be able to help you with the details thats just my 2 cents

silence007 01-31-2012 04:28 AM

Yeah, I have done swaps in civics and Integra's, I am researching now wiring to put an H22A1 into my 98 accord EX-L sedan five speed. stock F23A1 in it currently. I found the entire engine, trans, dizzy, mani's, a/c, p/s, alt, drive axles, wire harness, pcm for 700 bucks, going to pick it up tomorrow, my point is find the swap, not always, but can be costly to piece it together.

g22cd5 02-01-2012 08:26 AM

wiring a h22 in your 98 is easy. not much if any wiring needed.

if your f23 is vtec then you DON'T need to wire up vtec.

You just need to make sure your h22 is a obd2. If not you will need a obd2 to obd1 harness. Then you will need a p13 ecu (if staying stock) or p72 ecu with h22 basemap then get a tune asap.

If your obd2 I can't really think of anything hard you have to do wiring wise to make her work. Unless your f23 engine is a non vtec. Then you will need to wire up vtec. Not all that hard

Also you will need engine mounts. I recommend ESP mounts you can get a full set for like $300 shipped to you.

Also if you don’t maid instead of posting in all this old threads why don’t you make a thread for yourself? Then you can ask up to date questions and ppl will be more willing to answer them when it’s a fresh thread vs. a 2 year old thread….just sayin

explicitspeedperformance.net/ <----link for the ESP engine mounts

nik4stef 03-24-2012 10:55 PM

Rywire harness?

I am ptting a 1994 VTEC JDM motor into my 1994Honda Accord that has a non VTEC motor in it now. QUESTION: will i need to buy a wiring harness adapter from Rywire?

g22cd5 03-25-2012 11:41 AM

if the car is obd1 then no rewiring is needed other than wiring vtec. Then you will need a p13 ecu (if staying stock) or a p72 with a tune (if have aftermarket mods)

How to wire vtec - HondaSwap Forums

nik4stef 03-26-2012 08:10 AM

H22A rewiring

thanks so much, so no new wiring harness...what is a P13?

g22cd5 03-26-2012 03:22 PM

no you don’t need new wiring harness if you wire up vtec yourself. p13 is stock h22 ecu

nik4stef 03-27-2012 09:51 AM

rewiring?

thank yo sjo much for your reponse...but what exactly do yo mean "do the rewiring yourself"?........does that mean just using the wiring harness that comes with the JDM motor/ecu/tranny and hooking up to the other side of the wires that exist in the car now? No new wires or plugs tomake up?

g22cd5 03-27-2012 10:00 AM

H22 Guide (working title) - CD5Tuner Forums

H22 SWAP: The Complete Parts List - CB7Tuner Forums

read thos links they will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know.