Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   HELP engine runs till 3k rpm then spudders (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/help-engine-runs-till-3k-rpm-then-spudders-22742/)

MrGmo 01-04-2009 04:01 PM

HELP engine runs till 3k rpm then spudders

Hi Everyone my motor today started doing this weird thing... i turned it on and it usually doesnt struggle to turn on but today it cranked over a few more times than usual... then i started driving and when i was about to shift into second gear the motor spuddered then on second gear i watched the rpm gauge and i noticed that it wasnt going over 3k rpm it kinda reminded me of a speed or rpm governer because it revs then stops revs then stops but wont go past 3k rpm :(

can anyone help me figure out whats wrong with my car pls!!!!

thanks in advanced for your help.

BlkCurrantKord 01-04-2009 07:42 PM

RE: HELP engine runs till 3k rpm then spudders

Clogged cat

Roadrash98vtec 01-04-2009 07:59 PM

hmm maybe check intake and your exhaust? Could it be a clogged injector or fuel system?

JimBlake 01-05-2009 12:36 PM

Get a check-engine light? If so, have it read atAutoZone or someplace like that.
If not, check whether the bulb is burned out for your check-engine light.

MrGmo 01-05-2009 06:43 PM

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

i dont have a cat.... i removed it months ago and put in a obx high flow cat... but i think its just a test pipe i could see straight through it.

i did get the check engine light a little after i installed the obx. but the car ran fine untill yesterday when i turned it on, i had let my little sister borrow the car and she drove it for a few months without problem... i checked the oil and it was DIRTY so i changed it last night and cleared the maintenance light.

reset the ECU and still no rev past the 3k... should i try a fuel injector cleaner?

BlkCurrantKord 01-05-2009 08:01 PM

Are you getting a check engine light now?

MrGmo 01-06-2009 02:16 PM

yes its code P0335

:( would this cause the engine to not rev past 3k

MrGmo 01-06-2009 02:29 PM

crank position sensor.... thats what the code said... and it costs like 179 bucks!!!! ahhhhh.

lol but anyways i hope replacing this will solve my problem.... but its weird though it was working fine and then i start it up and run it normally and it screws up... thats just wrong to me.

also has anyone ever heard of the ecu going into "limp mode" ???

MrGmo 01-06-2009 06:02 PM

turns out some fkn animal bit the wires and it wasnt making contact... those fkn animals!!!!

purring like a kitten now :)