Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Here is one for the masses I WANT V6 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/here-one-masses-i-want-v6-5811/)

benjiaccord 11-06-2006 03:46 AM

Here is one for the masses I WANT V6

Okay, I drive a 94 Accord EX. Cold air, and exhaust, nothing else. I know that specific year had a v6 model however, my question is, what does it take to install one. Everyone does the H22 and I want something a little different. Supposing everything works well, here is the kicker. I want a manual. I have heard of people "making" them to fit, what does it take and where do you get the internals from? Does the bell housing mount to the v6 motor? Just want to get some info before even looking.

YeuEmMaiMai 11-06-2006 08:35 AM

RE: Here is one for the masses I WANT V6

you can't. the engine bay is 3" too short

you really do not want a 5th gen V6 if you are looking for power

2.7L cast iron engine with little to no aftermarket support for the accord. thing weighs a ton (brings the weight up to nearly 3300lbs in LX trim

you really don't want a 6th gen V6 if you are wanting your car to be reliable

the engine is great but the transmission sucks donkey *****

7th gen (2k3 - Present)

great performance with auto, even better with manual....reliability is uknown since the majority of the cars have not reached high milage yet. the 5spd at is based on the same trans that most of the acura cars since 2000 have been using and that thing is a POS

Chiovnidca 11-06-2006 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: benjiaccord

Okay, I drive a 94 Accord EX. Cold air, and exhaust, nothing else. I know that specific year had a v6 model however,
They didn't offer the v6 in 94. That started in 95.

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

2.7L cast iron engine
Cast iron?

YeuEmMaiMai 11-06-2006 09:21 PM

yes it is the 90 degree CAST IRON engine from the acura cars...that thing weighs a ton......J series is cast aluminum alloy with steel cylander liners

benjiaccord 11-06-2006 10:44 PM

Well, that shoots me down faster than a target in a quick shot contest. Back to the original plan of running an H22, okay, i can handle that. Next question then, TURBO or ALL MOTOR? Opinions on either one? More reliable, less expensive? All around easier to install? If I do a swap to H22, are the wiring harnesses the same? Do I need to change the ecu? I imagine I would use the H22 ECU right?

YeuEmMaiMai 11-07-2006 12:23 AM

turbo is kinda pointless on a H22a since it is already higher compression

you can turbo F22 in there already with about 8-10 psi with proper tunning

Slusher 11-08-2006 03:40 AM

Power gains not worh the hassle or cash.

tom15425 11-08-2006 04:25 AM

Yeah, I'd say the final cost to do an H22 swap would about equal the price it would be to turbo your current motor. It depends on how you do it (whether you install them, what parts you buy and from where, etc) Plus, with a turbo you'd more than likely have a good bit more power than just the stock H22 motor in there. I've also heard that the H22 motor doesn't handle boost as well as the F series motors do. I think it's no higher than 6psi safely. If you wanted an all motor accord I'd go with the H22, but I'd recommend keeping your motor and boosting it. It would be less of a hassle, more reliable, and more powerful.

benjiaccord 11-09-2006 04:02 AM

Alright, I can do that no prob and I'm pretty handy with a wrench. My CRX's water pump bearing went one day and the water pump locked up, which in turn stopped everything, but stopped it so fast that it broke my timing belt. Thought I busted some valves and shizzy so I pulled the head, absolutely nothing wrong with it though so I wasted my time. Got to change the head gasket though and that was fun in the cold garage in January.

Anyways, okay, lets turbo an f22. Im thinking if I do it correctly I should at least do what? New pistons? Crank? Sleeves? Cam? Ignition or just use a better distributor? I know running an intercooler is preferable, is it neccesary? I don't want insane amounts of horsepower, just something to beat the SRT-4 stockers that are around, maybe a wrx or two. Do I need to upgrade my axles? To aftermarket or are Prelude axles strong enough? And ive heard talk about having to reflash the ecu after you turbo, is that neccesary too? What other common things go into turboing that I'm missing? Do I need to use a different radiator/cooling system? And more importantly if I run 6-10lbs of boost, will it be dependable?

sir_nasty 11-09-2006 04:59 PM

there are a few guys on here running 6-8 psi reliably on a manual transmission... 8 psi will yeild you about 225 HP and give you some nice added pep.... I don't know if I'd take on a 350 HP WRX STI with it though.. *L* you can do that without changing out anything.... if you want to increase how much boost you can do then you need to start upgrading stuff.... an Intercooler will save your tranny too.... never hurts to have one of those