Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   High Revs (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/high-revs-13034/)

accord4sroy 10-06-2007 05:09 PM

High Revs

So, I revved my motor up after the end of my drive today. These Accord engines really can rev well. I usually don't rev, but if I am getting tailgated like anything (the word tailgate seems like I created it, cause I remember when I was a lad it seemed like just after I thought of the word tailgate it was all over the news random thought). But, anyways yeah I have an automatic so it obviously can't rev too high but damn that's the best part of the Accord in my opinion. Hopefully a few revs a week don't hurt the engine, any thoughts? That was what appealed to me when this Accord was brand new, and it still feels brand new!

6th generation all the way!

accords own 10-06-2007 07:23 PM

RE: High Revs

i have a rev session (if you will) with my auto probably once a week, depends what friends i am showing off too.:D

accord4sroy 10-06-2007 07:48 PM

Yeah, its pretty fun. Everything in moderation though.

Chiovnidca 10-06-2007 08:22 PM

How high do you rev it?

accord4sroy 10-06-2007 11:15 PM

The most I ever revved mine (automatic) is 6 or 6.5k. But, I usually let the rpms go to only 2 or 2.5 k, or I personally prefer 3k before it shifts into each gear. That is an awesome time! 11 seconds! Chiovnidca is that turbo?

accord4sroy 10-06-2007 11:17 PM

Sometimes, there are some bad drivers that force you to rev (i.e. tailgating). Also, had some person come out of a gas station and that person turned right in front of me! Argh! There's no reason to be an aggresive driver (I believe defense is the best idea). For our sake and our Accords sake.

live2rice 10-07-2007 12:35 AM

i rev the piss out of my car day in and day out, and esp at the track. but then again i dont care about my engine cause i have a h22 going in soon lol.

ORIGINAL: accord4sroy
11 seconds! Chiovnidca is that turbo?
judging by the front mount i would say yes

smaglik 10-07-2007 12:36 AM

the redline is your friend...just dont abuse it :)

Chiovnidca 10-07-2007 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: accord4sroy

The most I ever revved mine (automatic) is 6 or 6.5k. But, I usually let the rpms go to only 2 or 2.5 k, or I personally prefer 3k before it shifts into each gear. That is an awesome time! 11 seconds! Chiovnidca is that turbo?

So you've never bounced it off the rev limiter? ;)

Yea, it's turboed. 400+hp

accord4sroy 10-07-2007 10:54 AM

Jeez! So, is that your quarter mile time? I am really bad with math or mathematical concepts related to speed. Well, I might have gotten it to 7k once;)