Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Honda Accord 99, pedal, engine (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/honda-accord-99-pedal-engine-2434/)

bluedestiny 03-23-2006 06:09 PM

Honda Accord 99, pedal, engine

Hey guys, i need some help
My mom about to give me her honda accord 99 as a gift for college
Here's the problem, everytime i pedal quick into the accelerator, there's seem to be a kick and drop in speed and then it start to increase the speed
it happen like that all the time, it'd be great if you guide me through this problem and how much it cost to fix it
also, it's a Automatic transmission

sir_nasty 03-23-2006 06:30 PM

RE: Honda Accord 99, pedal, engine

It could be something as simple as spark plugs/wires/cap/rotor or perhaps fuel(doubt it's a fuel issue...) maybe fuel filter, air filter.... any of those has potential to give you that issue... When was the last time that any of these services were done?

bluedestiny 03-23-2006 07:37 PM

The problem work fine when i step on the pedal accelerating slowly,
The last maintanence for this car probably in Jan of this year, we paid $500 for them to fix the clutch i think, and after that the problem still there

sir_nasty 03-23-2006 07:39 PM

when was the last time the spark plugs wires etc were done? Same time as the clutch or longer than that?

marbro 03-24-2006 01:58 AM

Or, seeing as its an automatic transmission, your in 4th gear while driving you push all the way on the gas and its shifting down

lightshow 03-24-2006 04:44 AM

blue im getting the impression your car is just fine....when you get it just make sure to change the oil every 3500 and put gas treatment in it....make sure the air pressure in your tires is where it should be, and make sure that your battery is full and get it serviced at the regular intervals as recommended in your manual. that kick is the transmission shifting, when it DOESNT kick anymore that when you have a problem

your car doesnt have a clutch by the way

bluedestiny 03-25-2006 12:58 PM

Yeah, we've a auto trans, so i was liek dad, why did we get a clutch
So i think that he pay for $500 for some thing to get it fix, and when we got the car back, didn't work
Sir nasty, u said it was the spark plug, do you know where i can get it, and fix it, tahnks

bluedestiny 03-27-2006 05:44 PM

Anyway, Sunday Morning, what an unlucky day it was.
Wake up in the morning, going to the honda accord 99, after turning on the car, i pedal the accelerator and it keep startling and won't budge.

So i have to use other car to drive my mom to work, so i used my dad's 96 honda oddysey, on the way home, the brake system won't work, so the whole time i have to drive at 20mph home, scared as fk, sry for that word

sir_nasty 03-27-2006 06:02 PM

was the engine reving up when you pushed on the throttle? it just wouldn't go into gear? If that's the case it's most likely either a relay somewhere or the tranny itself... based on what you've told us thus far I can't be anymore exact than that... anyone else care to take a stab at it?.... This is starting to remind me of a verbal game of charades....and I suck at charades...

Side Note: on the brake issue, even though the brake pedal may have been out your Emergency brake (the one you put on/set when you park) should be all mechanically driven so when/if you should loose your brakes your emergency brake should still work... Future knowledge...

bluedestiny 03-30-2006 05:37 PM

Brought the car to the dealershop and get the throttle fix, because the connection to the battery was loosen. That throttle problem is fix, the only thing left is the kickback when i kick hard on the accelerator.
Also, cost another $500 to get the brake fix for the honda odyssey