Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   How do I gain horsepower in my f23a1 (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/how-do-i-gain-horsepower-my-f23a1-46078/)

bairdandrew77 03-10-2012 06:15 PM

I never said I walk K si's. I usually barely beat them, but my car did win. And I agree that it's also has a lot to do with the driver.
You're probably right about a lot of what you said. I'm saying these engines are race worthy to me because for not being made for fuel economy and not performance, they do surprise people in the real world. I'm sure there's a good amount of people who upgrade their f23's to be amazing.

DannyJdm 03-10-2012 10:19 PM

Just to clarify things if I got the cams what else would I need,would I need new cam gears,belts, new computer, controller... You guys are alot of help cause Im only 16 and I know a decent amount about cars but just not that much yet cause Ive done body work and put some parts into a V-8 Tundra motor but all oem parts so I dont know to much about performance parts

bairdandrew77 03-10-2012 11:17 PM

Upgraded cam gears and valve springs would be highly recommended. You might as well put on a new belt while you're at it, but that shouldn't be a big deal for a while. I'm really not sure when you say controller... Pretty much anybody would recommend an obd1 computer for tuning. I think that's all you'd need

g22cd5 03-11-2012 12:52 AM

you will need a obd2 to obd1 conversion harness. A chipped p28 obd1 ecu. Upgrading you vale train would be extremely smart. Cam gear isn’t a must but doesn’t hurt to upgrade to adjustable cam gear. it will help your tuner out to gain a few extra ponies.
what you mean by controller?? (if you talking about vtec controller...scratch that idea)

btw you have SOHC engine...only one camshaft and cam gear

Johnson 03-11-2012 07:05 AM

Spam gone.

grim_reaper 03-11-2012 08:34 AM

You could just boost the f23, I best some fool makes a turbo for the f23.. They have those TSI turbo kits for like nearly 3 grand or so including taxes.. Btw I'd listen to the man when he says f23s really aren't performance worthy.. If you want to get serious put in a H22 like he said and boost it, as opposed to the 10 grand you'll prolly end up spending trying to get in a K motor.. Honestly, I don't see who you'd be racing with a f23 honda accord, no offense, but if you want to knock yourself out..

Or you could just do nitrous, speed won't last long but good enough to get a win, and it's dead cheap..

g22cd5 03-11-2012 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Johnson (Post 273048)
i suggest K swap on a "no money" budget.

keep trolling...then I can suggest my finger on the ban button

DannyJdm 03-11-2012 09:17 AM

By controller I was talking about those controllers you plug into the computer to adjust your settings while driving...Thanks you guys were alot of help

g22cd5 03-11-2012 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 273063)
You could just boost the f23, I best some fool makes a turbo for the f23.. They have those TSI turbo kits for like nearly 3 grand or so including taxes.. Btw I'd listen to the man when he says f23s really aren't performance worthy.. If you want to get serious put in a H22 like he said and boost it, as opposed to the 10 grand you'll prolly end up spending trying to get in a K motor.. Honestly, I don't see who you'd be racing with a f23 honda accord, no offense, but if you want to knock yourself out..

Or you could just do nitrous, speed won't last long but good enough to get a win, and it's dead cheap..

The OP has a auto trans. Adding much more power over stock and he will be walking to and from work and have a HUGE paper weight to brag about.

grim_reaper 03-11-2012 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5 (Post 273079)
The OP has a auto trans. Adding much more power over stock and he will be walking to and from work and have a HUGE paper weight to brag about.

oh sorry didn't read that part I guess.. In that case, forget the nitrous and/or the turbo suggestion..