Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   idling problems (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/idling-problems-14248/)

94Honda 12-05-2007 11:12 AM

RE: idling problems

k well my FITV never closes, and my car idles at exactly 500rpm and none of the port holes lose their suction at any time. I might rip them off tonight should I take off the egr too?

94Honda 12-08-2007 10:14 PM

well i ripped off the iacv and the fitv, the fitv was nasty but cleaned it out and it still ran the same. so im thinkin EGR. the fitv though i did take it apart and therewas this thing u can adjust by screwing it in or out with a screw driver and accidently i adjusted it but think i have it back to wherew it was. is there anyway to adjust it? also i tested the iacvand it opend like 1/8 of an in. is that normal?

94Honda 12-09-2007 07:28 PM

?

94Honda 12-11-2007 08:23 PM

soooo. about that FITV.

94Honda 12-13-2007 01:30 PM

How do I adjust my FITV?

falkore24 12-13-2007 03:35 PM

it is adjustable, but I think you are supposed to just replace it

deserthonda 12-13-2007 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

*L* I just noticed you asked how to bleed the cooling system like 4 times...

Here:

Fill up the radiator (when cold),

Follow your lower radiator hose back to where it connects to the motor( t-stat housing )

At thet-stat housing you should see what looks like a little nut 12mm ,with a nipple sticking up

very carefully and very slowly unscrew that nut/nipple piece , till coolant starts coming out

once coolant dribbles out . No air bubbles,, tighten the bolt back down,, fill up the radiator, engine does not need to be running

Now the system is bled..

start the car make sure that there is no leak at nipple . Do not overtighten the nipple or it will brake off..

94Honda 12-13-2007 06:12 PM

well i just cleaned the crap out of my IACV and the FITV for the second time and tightend down the fitv until it closed then put them both on started the car and it idles around 1000 and dosent really surge, it does only when hot and i stop and put it in park and tap the throttle, itll rev. up to 1500 and slowly down to 1000 then quickliy up to 15 and down back up then down to 1g then its fine.
when im driving around town all day ill occasionaly put it in N and itll idle up to 15 and stay, and when im driving and just let off the gas itll do like a manual does and kinda rev but slow down then it kinda coasts then the idle will pick up and will go the same speed as before i let off the gas. so itll slow down then pick back up. ?????? any ideas??

bil6ly05 12-13-2007 07:36 PM

yo i got a 94 accord and my car does same thing with the idle sometimes when im in nuetral cold start or while ive been driving for a while but only in neutral
but i also have a small whole op top of my gas tank so when i drive in the rain i thought maybe it was cause water was gettin in the gas
and fule line anty freeze wasnt helpin
so should i put new plugs in ya think it would help

94Honda 12-13-2007 08:13 PM

well it never hurts to have new plugs, DO NOT GET BOSCH!!!!! theyre not good for the coil, get NGK. So is the car surging or just the high idle when warm? what does it do? also u should post a pic of ur subs, i wanna see the way u got em set up.