Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Increasing Piston Stroke (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/increasing-piston-stroke-22792/)

AccordLXMaster 01-06-2009 09:27 PM

Increasing Piston Stroke

ive been researching around and it seems that increasing piston stroke increases torque at a proportion with HP....and increasing bore size increases both HP and torque with more HP than the stroke and less torque than the stroke....so im leaning more towards the piston stroke....i really need a torque increase...i seen about 10 to 12 increase...thatll be good for me...what size is stock and what is the biggest size that will fit into my piston chambers??

EDIT:My bad more like longest size

JohnL 01-06-2009 09:35 PM

RE: Increasing Piston Stroke

Your post is utterly confusing...

If you want a substantial torque increase then I'd suggest a turbo-supercharger...

BlkCurrantKord 01-06-2009 09:36 PM

I dont think you're quite grasping what stroke is, in fact, I think you're confusing it with bore size.

Bore is how large or round the cylinder and piston are. Stock F23 bore is 86mm. I wouldnt recommend going any larger than 87mm.

Stroke is the distance the piston travels in the cylinder. Stock F23 stroke is 97mm - you wont find a larger one unless you get a custom crank.

And, you dont need a stroke or torque increase. You want it. Two totally different things.

AccordLXMaster 01-06-2009 09:36 PM

in the engine they have where you can change the bore or stroke of the piston thus creating torque/HP its on google

AccordLXMaster 01-06-2009 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

I dont think you're quite grasping what stroke is, in fact, I think you're confusing it with bore size.

Bore is how large or round the cylinder and piston are. Stock F23 bore is 86mm. I wouldnt recommend going any larger than 87mm.

Stroke is the distance the piston travels in the cylinder. Stock F23 stroke is 97mm - you wont find a larger one unless you get a custom crank.

And, you dont need a stroke or torque increase. You want it. Two totally different things.
yes u are indeed correct i do want it but no i dont have them confused what i mean is actually how increase the stroke

AccordLXMaster 01-06-2009 10:11 PM

technically it is that easy jus a load of money right??..lol...how much would it run me though because honestly i think i want to venture down the road that most Honda users dont...for some reason i just want to be different...now if that runs me 7000 then umm yea forget it...lol

AccordLXMaster 01-06-2009 10:33 PM

yea jus making the most of her....thats my baby there..lol

live2rice 01-06-2009 10:45 PM

Well you would need a custom crank made, that would be about $2,500. Then you would need a whole lot of machineing, saying $500. My as well do forged pistons and rods while your in there, thats $1000. Then you would need it all put together, theres $600+.

Then your stock head would not flow well enough to support the block, so a port and polished head with upgraded valve train and cams can run from $3,000-7,000+.

falkore24 01-07-2009 08:58 AM

http://www.paeco (dot) com/Stroker%20Kits.htm

They don-t list it, but I read on another forum that they make a kit that makes the F23 2803 cc's and cost $1600.

I don't think the car would necessarily need a tune, but it would to maximize the output.

Fenix 01-07-2009 10:09 AM

and a new tranny. and connected to that tranny should be a new car. Take the money you would pay to do this work and put a down payment on a TL-s Black on Black. Throw an intake on her and call it a day. The car has almost 300hp stock, brembo brakes, and aback up camera.