Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   J30A4 head and cam upgrade (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/j30a4-head-cam-upgrade-66251/)

Siraxious 11-06-2018 10:44 AM

J30A4 head and cam upgrade

Hey everyone, im reaching out to the community to see if i can find some sources on performance heads and somewhere around stage two or semi type racing cams for my 03 EX accord. Right now its a stock J30A4 V6 but im looking to do a major overhaul of the engine and throw a new transmission in it. Not a hundred percent sure on the model of the transmission but it is the 5 speed auto. Also has anyone had experience with the HTSpec J37 Magnesium intake manifold? In any case any sources or info on where to look or recommended parts to match up that's proven to be a nice upgrade for this model engine with be very helpful.

shipo 11-06-2018 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Siraxious (Post 382891)
Hey everyone, im reaching out to the community to see if i can find some sources on performance heads and somewhere around stage two or semi type racing cams for my 03 EX accord. Right now its a stock J30A4 V6 but im looking to do a major overhaul of the engine and throw a new transmission in it. Not a hundred percent sure on the model of the transmission but it is the 5 speed auto. Also has anyone had experience with the HTSpec J37 Magnesium intake manifold? In any case any sources or info on where to look or recommended parts to match up that's proven to be a nice upgrade for this model engine with be very helpful.

I'm thinking it would be better/faster/cheaper to simply buy a 2004-2006 J32A3 (Acura TL), or a 2005-2010 J35A6 (Honda Odyssey LX and EX). As for the transmission, look for a BAYA unit from a 2006-2007 V6 Accord.

Siraxious 11-06-2018 12:07 PM

speaking of acura what would your option on the 2015 TLX SH-AWD? it has the 3.5 v6 with a 9 speed auto/Shifter paddles. I figured if i was to pull a swap from the acura line as far as engine and a trans on the newer model accord that i would do a upgrade as far as a newer style acura.

shipo 11-06-2018 01:32 PM

If you have enough money, like 5-figures, anything is possible. The two engines I listed above are more or less, straight bolt-ins for your car.

HondaChACE 06-22-2023 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 382895)
If you have enough money, like 5-figures, anything is possible. The two engines I listed above are more or less, straight bolt-ins for your car.

out of curiosity which bolt off / ons work from the tlx and oddessey?
I too am looking to further build my j30a4 6 speed accord when i overhaul it. Im not looking for rediclous power but closer to 400 would be nice an fun yet still daily drivable if i wanted to use it often.

shipo 06-22-2023 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by HondaChACE (Post 399792)
out of curiosity which bolt off / ons work from the tlx and oddessey?
I too am looking to further build my j30a4 6 speed accord when i overhaul it. Im not looking for rediclous power but closer to 400 would be nice an fun yet still daily drivable if i wanted to use it often.

Ummm, 400HP? Probably not going to happen without a fair amount of money; how much do you want to spend on the project?

Regarding which engines; tell me the year and model of your car and which engine is currently in it.