Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   leak above sway bar bushing? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/leak-above-sway-bar-bushing-8156/)

noboundaries6289 03-13-2007 12:58 PM

leak above sway bar bushing?

hey all, today I discovered a pretty big leak creating a puddle under the passenger side sway bar bushing behind the tranny. It looks like water and feels like it too. But im not sure. It's comming out of a black tube that is above the bar. Any suggestions on what this is? Also, I thought I was late for school today so I literally "floored" it to school today."Could this have any after effects (leaks, blown gaskets, ect.) since it was only once? My last thing on my "to-do" list is to blow something up. thanks.

RTexasF 03-13-2007 01:29 PM

RE: leak above sway bar bushing?

Sounds to me like it's coming from the air conditioner. The tube drains away the humidity that the A/C pulls out of the cabin.

noboundaries6289 03-13-2007 01:33 PM

hmmm.. interesting. I had the heat on but not the A/C. thanks for the info. Also, can I damage my car from what I did this morning as stated in question 2?

JimBlake 03-13-2007 01:37 PM

Antifreeze smells pretty distinctive, so you probably would have known the difference, right?

I'm not sure exactly how it's arranged in '95, but that tube might also drain rainwater from the ventilation intake.

noboundaries6289 03-13-2007 01:41 PM

I have the green anti-freeze in my coolant, the substance is clear. Its not a lubricant. it might be water, but not sure. When I try to smell it, there is none. If it's water, you said it might be comming from the intake? Thanks for answering my first question, what about my second question ,about flooring it and all. thanx again.

noboundaries6289 03-13-2007 07:28 PM

I'm so stupid. When I got home, the AC had been on the entire time. It was water leaking. But can I damage anything from my "one time flooring it expierence?"

RTexasF 03-13-2007 08:04 PM

Flooring it when the engine is ice cold can cause damage but if it was warmed up......that's what the accelerator is for!! If flooring it would cause harm then I've screwed up every car I ever owned!!!!!

noboundaries6289 03-13-2007 09:49 PM

well, the engine was cold. But, it got warm pretty quick. wait...I drove it less than an hour before I had this fun expierence. So about 30min. cooldown time. I quess it will be O.K. thanx for the replies

JimBlake 03-14-2007 02:33 AM

Flooring it simply uses up more of the engine's lifespan. Flooring it when the oil is still cold uses up a LOT of lifespan. If you did any particular damage, you should have noticed it by now. Check your oil.

noboundaries6289 03-14-2007 03:06 PM

what can I replace to reinforce the engine to "take a beating?" Except an H22A swap. Certain pans, gaskets, belts, ect. Thanx