Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Maintenance Required (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/maintenance-required-6601/)

Sparco_racingVTEC 12-22-2006 01:38 AM

Maintenance Required

My maintenance required light came on at about 83000 miles, it was yellow, its been like another 1k and it turned red. does that mean somethings gotten worse or is it just like a reminder or somethin

what all needs to be done at 85,000. i havnt had this car that long and im assuming the previous owner didnt really do much to it.

1995 accord v6 lx

19Accord97 12-22-2006 02:06 AM

RE: Maintenance Required

Hey there! Actually that indicator is not a light. To reset it, simply slide your key or similiar object into the hole next to it to make it green again. Its basically just a reminder, but if you want to have your car checked out to be safe then go for it!

poser_pilot6 12-22-2006 08:24 AM

You can also reset your ECU, and that will clear the little indicator.

YeuEmMaiMai 12-24-2006 04:23 AM

maint required indicator on a 94-97 accord is mechanically driven off of the odometer. resetting the ECU would be pointless. You are thinking 98+ accord there

poser_pilot6 12-24-2006 09:08 AM

Nope, Im sure not. I didnt even know about pushing the black button with the key, I had never reset mine until I reset the ECU after I cleaned the EGR ports. Reset the ECU, and it was green all of a sudden.

sir_nasty 12-26-2006 04:56 PM

That's weird.... Not to say it didn't happen because it may have but I was under the impression that it was strictly mechanical as well.... Just more proof that you learn something new every day!

accordfan222 01-03-2007 09:12 PM

Can you please explain how to reset ECU. I cleaned EGR port on my 97 accord SE and don't know how to reset ECU.

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

Nope, Im sure not. I didnt even know about pushing the black button with the key, I had never reset mine until I reset the ECU after I cleaned the EGR ports. Reset the ECU, and it was green all of a sudden.

sir_nasty 01-03-2007 09:16 PM

there are two easy ways to reset the ecu, either pull the negative battery cable off for about 5 mintues or remove the main backup fuse (#15 I think) for about a minute....

accordfan222 01-06-2007 08:55 PM

Is ECU needs to reset right after you clean the EGR ports ??? when I cleaned the EGR port about month ago I did not reset the ECU. My car still stumble always around 2000 RPM. I tried to reset ECU yesterday and car still stumble around 2000 RPM. Any Idea if EGR ports needs to be cleaned again. Thanks....

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

poser_pilot6 01-06-2007 10:32 PM

Could be that the ports need cleaned again, could be that the valve needs to be cleaned if you didnt clean it before, could be that the EGR valve is bad... Theres a number of things that could be wrong. But everytime you do something like that, clean the ports or change something out, reset the ECU.