Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   more power from a 94 accord (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/more-power-94-accord-24319/)

mikeasis 03-24-2009 09:32 AM

more power from a 94 accord

ok im new here and new to the tuning world, hopefully i dont step on toes asking this stuff. would like to get more power from the above car, its the 2.2 non VTEC dunno if the VTEC differs in displacement but just giving information. I was looking at the basics of course, intake and full exhaust header back. What else is out there that i could increse the power of this car? are there intake manifolds available? cams? bigger throttle bodies?ect

Also at what point would i need a computer reprogram or rechip, somthing like the venom 400 or whatever. when would i need bigger injectors.

pointers and web links to parts would be appreciated.

finch13 03-24-2009 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by mikeasis (Post 162310)
ok im new here and new to the tuning world, hopefully i dont step on toes asking this stuff. would like to get more power from the above car, its the 2.2 non VTEC dunno if the VTEC differs in displacement but just giving information. I was looking at the basics of course, intake and full exhaust header back. What else is out there that i could increse the power of this car? are there intake manifolds available? cams? bigger throttle bodies?ect

You won't make big power until you actually start a forced induction or naturally aspirated build. Besides and intake, header and exhaust, anything else won't make as big of a difference. Skunk2 is a brand you would want to look at for intake manifolds and throttle bodies.

Originally Posted by mikeasis (Post 162310)
Also at what point would i need a computer reprogram or rechip, somthing like the venom 400 or whatever. when would i need bigger injectors.

Not until you do serious mods that require tuning, that's where the computer comes into play. Bigger injectors would be needed after about 8psi of boost or a fairly moderate N/A build. Need that computer part to use the bigger injectors correctly though.

live2rice 03-24-2009 11:09 AM

As for bolt ons you can do a F23 intake manifold swap, minimal gains and a real pain to do.

Bisimoto makes cams.

don't recommend the venom computer.

Seen a f22b2 make 200whp and 250wtq with stock internals......................and a 75 shot of nitrous

mikeasis 03-24-2009 12:08 PM

what exactly is an F23 intake swap? is this a better OEM manifold or an aftermarket? would the bigger TB and intake make a noticeable difference?

now about an N/A build, what all can be done there. are there better OE heads to switch to? i take it boring and adding higher compression pistons are a given. when swapping cams do the factory rockers need to be replaced or hardened? Are there specfic cams that can be swapped that are computer friendly.Ive seen after timing gear sets, are these required when swapping cams? or are these outright racing applications.

thanks for the responses!

live2rice 03-24-2009 12:13 PM

Yes its taking a F23 intake manifold out of a 98-02 accord and making it work on a f22. It isn't a very straight forward swap, and most people that do it usually have issues making it idle right afterwards.

I don't know how noticeable it would be, not worth the hassle in my opinion.

You could switch to a H23 or H22 head, but then again a bit of a hassle and the power increase would be nothing too drastic.

Yes you could bore and do high comp pistons, but really not worth it. I would just do a swap before doing all that.

Bisimoto and probably f22parts.com are pretty much the only place to make cams for the f22. Upgraded valve train depends on how aggressive the cam is. Adjustable cam gear is recommend when installing an aftermarket cam, but not required.

mikeasis 03-25-2009 10:45 AM

doesnt seem like theres much available for the F22. cant find an intake anywhere but found this.

http://www.dh-racing.com/intakes.html#stock

ok say i go with thie hogged out intake, what throttle body do i get, theres a bunch on e-bay weather or not there are woth a crap im not sure. anyway heres a link to one brand. but which size do i go with, sizes are anywehre form 63mm up 76mm. whats good but not overkill?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLOX-...1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

thanks in advance for the input

finch13 03-25-2009 11:18 AM

There are plenty of intakes... I know all the major manufacturers make both SRI and CAI intakes for the F22. I have one, live2rice has one, 19accord97 has one. They're all over.

EDIT: Seems like you're talking about intake manifolds, not intakes.

mikeasis 03-25-2009 11:31 AM

oops sorry about that! should be more specific

clutch811 03-29-2009 12:57 AM

just to give some ideas. I have the same car and motor generally speaking i have whats listed in my sig, intake/header/exhaust. it doesnt run too bad. honestly i only know about the car what i can see. i have not much idea what was done else by the previous owner. it does run strong. I was able to keep up with a civic Si out of a dig(45mph into 2nd) today for a few moments until traffic got us. :D

anyway lol. im actually working towards modifying my intake manifold. its merely costless and might make a small difference if done right. im just gonna clean it up and port it.

if you wanna go cam and gear it will also make a difference, but youll need to tune, etc. it all depends on how much you wanna throw into the project. a bigger throttle body might help but maybe only if you plan to turbo the engine. from what i understand if you open up the airways too much youd be at full throttle too easily, before you even floor it. plus too much flow can cause problems w/o tuning, etc. if you want a bigger tb dont go too big.

id say get your intake, header, exhaust, try it out first and see what you think. might be the power youre looking for. then move further along. theres always turbos and NOS. new clutch, flywheel, engine swaps, etc.