Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   More Problems after Time Belt Change and etc.. (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/more-problems-after-time-belt-change-etc-8130/)

RoKnAzn 03-12-2007 04:05 AM

More Problems after Time Belt Change and etc..

Well, I started to have most of the small hoses busting. Does anybody have the diagram of the Cooling systems. There are tons of hoses to cool the engine. I am in the process of changing all of them but forgot some of the placement of the hoses.

Thanks
Anthony

legionofone 03-12-2007 05:20 AM

RE: More Problems after Time Belt Change and etc..

theres 2 hoses to cool the engine... theres a ton of vacuum lines and theres a ton of AC lines but only 2 coolant hoses (disregarding the ones going to the heater)

JimBlake 03-12-2007 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: RoKnAzn

... Does anybody have the diagram of the Cooling systems...
What, for every year that Honda made Accords? They're not all the same.

Several mail-order parts places have drawings on their websites, like hondaautomotiveparts.com. Put in your car's info, then you have to look at several parts pictures.
water hose
water pump
intake manifold
throttle body
(maybe some others?)

RoKnAzn 03-12-2007 03:32 PM

Oh forgot to tell yall what it is..hehe. 93 Honda Accord EX.

RoKnAzn 03-12-2007 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: legionofone

theres 2 hoses to cool the engine... theres a ton of vacuum lines and theres a ton of AC lines but only 2 coolant hoses (disregarding the ones going to the heater)
Nope there is more then that...Check it out....

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...13sm40_e05.gif

RoKnAzn 03-19-2007 03:42 AM

Well I replace all those Intake Cooling line with some 5/16 lines and filled up the Cooling system with coolant. I been have problems with the coolant evaporating or leaking somewhere. I dont know where! Its about to piss me off so bad. That I want to put this car on FIRE!.. I spent total 2 grand on This POS and it still having more problems. Please help or this will be some fawked up Honda....

deserthonda 03-19-2007 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: legionofone

you are wrong my friend.......
there are many hoses that are part of the cooling system,, yes you got 2 radiator hoses, heater hoses, and a lot of bypass hoses .
the picture above ,shows all the little bypass hoses . oil cooler hoses , etc etc
, there are not a ton of a/c lines
and the final note.....Rok,, input the year and model in your signature

JimBlake 03-19-2007 10:47 AM

How's your radiator cap? If it doesn't seal properly, it can leak there.

Have it pressure tested. When it's running & warmed up, the leak evaporates right away. You have to pressurize it cold so you can find the leak.

Maybe it's leaking into the combustion chamber (headgasket)?Check that with a leakdown test.

deserthonda 03-19-2007 10:54 AM

like Jim says you need to pressure test the system to properly see where the leak is at ..
also did i understand right that you replaced all those bypass hoses with regular hose ?? some of those bypass hoses are molded into a curved shape . i hope that the hoses you installed will not kink and restrict coolant flow

RoKnAzn 03-19-2007 08:08 PM

I have a 93 Honda Accord. I just install a new 16 lbs Radiator Cap. I'm about to order the stockbypasshoses. Since this is not working 5/16 Fuel Line Hoses. Plus the Figure above. Where is 13 and 14 located? Didnt see those any where. I might over looked it. Havent replaced thoses..

deserthonda 03-19-2007 09:49 PM

those 2 hoses are for the oil filter cooler.. your car might not have that ,self explanatory, they are located by the oil filter;)

RoKnAzn 03-20-2007 01:01 PM

Well, I just went to the Stealership and order Hoses 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, and 12. Plus I order OEM Hose Clamps. 6 of Clamp 21 and 6 Clamp of 18/19. One of those Clamps is 4.80 a Pop! D$M Just a Hose Clamp. I was like WTF.. So my total is $70.46. :( This is not my Honda.. Well, wish me luck guys...

RoKnAzn 03-25-2007 03:40 AM

Well, I'm still waiting on the Honda Dealership by my house to get the parts. So, It wont be until Monday I get the parts. But anyways, I have been driving the Accord for the past week. Before I drive it, I checked to make sure it was full with water. Recently, I have been noticing it is leaking under the unibody where their is ahole underfloor board and mid section of the car on driver side of the car. What is that? (Drainage for the Heater Core/ Condenser Maybe?) Plus, the driver side motor mounts just got riped and need replaceing. Ugh..Never buya 15 year old car.

RoKnAzn 03-26-2007 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I tooked the pic today. Now, It is coming from a new spot. Under the Passanger seat. Here it is..Any Help would be great full..:D

Attachment 23691

JimBlake 03-27-2007 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Curious that it would be draining from that place. That's something like a plug in the middle of the floorpan. When they build the car they need to drain stuff out from the passenger compartment, so there's holes in the floor. The put rubber plugs in, then spray rubber undercoating all over.

Got a floor full of rainwater underneath the carpeting? Slowly dripping out from that hole? Maybe you should pull out that plug & let it drain. Better yet, take out the seats & carpeting & dry it out.

Then figure out how the water got in there in the first place.

Attachment 23690

RoKnAzn 03-27-2007 02:04 AM

Its a good amount that leaks out...So I will investigate some more...

sir_nasty 03-27-2007 02:55 PM

does your interior smell like anti-freeze at all or just water? does the carpet feel "squishy" when you push it down like it's soaking wet? has it rained a lot recently?

RoKnAzn 03-27-2007 04:41 PM

Yes, but barely noticeable. The passanger side is more squishy, then the driver side. Both side Leaks..It has not rained recently..

Thanks
Anthony

JimBlake 03-27-2007 07:24 PM

Soggy underneath the carpeting, that would take months to dry out. So maybe it leaked in there a long time ago. Look for disconnected sunroof drains, missing plugs in the firewall, bad weatherstripping around the doors, anything like that??

RoKnAzn 03-27-2007 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

Soggy underneath the carpeting, that would take months to dry out. So maybe it leaked in there a long time ago. Look for disconnected sunroof drains, missing plugs in the firewall, bad weatherstripping around the doors, anything like that??

This is due to the Cooling system of the Car. Since I still have to add a good bit a water...:P

sir_nasty 03-27-2007 09:44 PM

It sounds like a bad heater core.... without going back and re-reading the notes was that mentioned or checked already?

RoKnAzn 03-27-2007 11:38 PM

I believe so too...I pulled the carpet on the passanger side and it was soaking wet. I also touch the tunnel and it was wet. So I think that is it. I just called Advance Auto Parts and order one for 57 Bucks from Rad-Flow. How hard is it to remove the Heater Core?

Thanks
Anthony

deserthonda 03-28-2007 01:19 AM

I. How hard is it to remove the Heater Core?

Thanks
Anthony
before you replace the heater core make EXTRA sure that is what is leaking ,, cause,, it is NOT an easy job to replace it ,, the complete dash has to come off ,, I would suggest you buy an HELM book if you plan on doing it yourself ,, or download an online manual with all the details ..

RoKnAzn 03-28-2007 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

I. How hard is it to remove the Heater Core?

Thanks
Anthony
before you replace the heater core make EXTRA sure that is what is leaking ,, cause,, it is NOT an easy job to replace it ,, the complete dash has to come off ,, I would suggest you buy an HELM book if you plan on doing it yourself ,, or download an online manual with all the details ..
That is the only thing that can leak inside the Honda unless Im mistaking.. I have the Haynes Manual and it looks pretty simple. Just wanted to be prepare for the removal and install..

Thanks
Anthony
BTW. Where can I download the Online Manual?

JimBlake 03-28-2007 02:35 AM

Heater corewould bethe only place for antifreeze to come from, & get under the carpeting. Are you sure it's antifreeze? By the smell?

It seems to me that if the heater core were leaking, it would fog up the windows something fierce.

Like desert says, it's a big job. Make sure that's really the problem.

RoKnAzn 03-28-2007 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

Heater corewould bethe only place for antifreeze to come from, & get under the carpeting. Are you sure it's antifreeze? By the smell?

It seems to me that if the heater core were leaking, it would fog up the windows something fierce.

Like desert says, it's a big job. Make sure that's really the problem.

Well, Before I start putting water instead. I have a Blue Spots on the carpet. So yes, 95% sure of it. I always drive with the windows down. Plus A/c dont work no more (need to fix)..:(