Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Nology Wires and Plugs (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/nology-wires-plugs-2269/)

sir_nasty 03-09-2006 07:56 PM

Nology Wires and Plugs

So with all the talk going around about wires and plugs I'm curious... I know a number of people who have put Nology wires on their cars and swear by them but.... $165.00 fricken dollars? How long can I expect these to last? Are they basically a one time purchase good for a lifetime, warrantied set of wires?

Also, Spark plugs: The iridium (sp) plugs that you all are talking about, can I expect to get better mileage out of them? Will they last longer than standard plugs? If I switch to Nology Wires would the NGK plugs be fine? Aside from performance gains what can I expect? How often should I change my existing plugs (yeah dumb question but I can't remember what they say...) if they are just standard NGK's? How often would I have to change the Iridium (sp) ones?

Then: What does it mean when they say Like 6 Iridium Tune or 9 Iridium Tune?

marbro 03-09-2006 09:12 PM

RE: Nology Wires and Plugs

The last question, If you had looked up on the net it referenced based on different tuning levels of an engine. Specifically I cant tell you the difference between them because I didnt research that far into it.
But you cant go wrong with any NGK plugs. Depending on who you talk to there are no real differences between coppers and iridiums and others say that you will notice a huge difference. But dont take huge difference as, omg it gave me 15 hp. What you want is a full and proper burn of the fuel
the nology hotwires have a built in capacitor which gives a more fuller power to the spark plug, and the wires are shipped in consideration of a car thats running an msd coil or specifically the nology brand. Ill be able to tell you if i got better mileage after my next tank of gas ^_-
the warranty is a limited lifetime warranty and it requires the card being sent in and the wires shipped back to the place you purchased them from for them to ship back and you being held accountable for the shipping every which way. The wires have a very high temperature tolerance and if you cut them at the capacitor core they will be no good and the warranty is void.
So yes, it may be over 160 bucks..... but you get what you pay for. It will be a few months before I can say how much of an improvement the combonation of the wires and plugs.

sir_nasty 03-10-2006 01:49 PM

RE: Nology Wires and Plugs

I'm just thinking a short ram with plugs and wires should smooth out the acceleration process nicely... How often would I be chaning my plugs and wires if I went to the Nology? In your opinion then I assume that If I go with like NGK V-power or Iridium there is no real difference on a basically stock engine? How long till your next tank of gas??? The fuel economy is my real question...