Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Oil leaks...oil pan gasket? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/oil-leaks-oil-pan-gasket-58657/)

ccookie66 03-27-2014 09:35 PM

Oil leaks...oil pan gasket?

Hello! My Accord had a leaking valve cover, so I changed that. But now I am noticing oil spots wherever I park. I climbed under it and checked to see if I could find out where it is leaking, and I noticed there is a lot of oil around the oil pan. But I also noticed the entire engine under there was covered in oil. But then I was thinking maybe the oil is just from the oil pan gasket and blowing all over the bottom of the engine...it uses about a quart of oil in like 2 days, depending on how much I drive. And I am pretty sure it isn't burning oil, since I can't smell oil in the exhaust, and I can see it leaking onto the ground...so before I dish out money to fix the oil pan gasket, does that sound like that is what it is? Thanks!

poorman212 03-28-2014 06:24 PM

Sorry, just too many places it could be coming from.

Really need to clean up everything and then do some more looking. Could be the pan, the oil pressure switch, left over vc oil, seals from the timing belt area, ect.

rhamza161 04-01-2014 03:19 AM

take that thing to the car wash and use the engine cleaner on all the oil to remove it. spend a few long minutes cleaning it all up. wait a few days and check again, you'll find out where it is coming from easily then. That's the only way to truly know unless you start replacing everything...a lot of spots it could be coming from.

patkelly1336 05-16-2014 06:40 PM

Mine was leaking a few months ago, and I noticed smoke starting coming off the manifold and front pipe. Turned out the bottom of the oil pan rusted out (Live in Wisconsin, salt eats away at that stuff)

Paul Chorniy 04-12-2019 04:43 PM

check your blow by!

Originally Posted by ccookie66 (Post 342901)
Hello! My Accord had a leaking valve cover, so I changed that. But now I am noticing oil spots wherever I park. I climbed under it and checked to see if I could find out where it is leaking, and I noticed there is a lot of oil around the oil pan. But I also noticed the entire engine under there was covered in oil. But then I was thinking maybe the oil is just from the oil pan gasket and blowing all over the bottom of the engine...it uses about a quart of oil in like 2 days, depending on how much I drive. And I am pretty sure it isn't burning oil, since I can't smell oil in the exhaust, and I can see it leaking onto the ground...so before I dish out money to fix the oil pan gasket, does that sound like that is what it is? Thanks!

if its leaking from everywhere the engine might have a blowby. in such case the engine starts leaking frm main seal back seal valve cover basically everywhere it wants....
good luck.