Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   oil pressure drops to zero (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/oil-pressure-drops-zero-10144/)

saad180 06-06-2007 06:54 PM

oil pressure drops to zero

Hi,
I have a 99 accord.
My oil pressure drops to zero once the car warms up.
I have checked my oil, and have changed the v-tec solenoid.
Could someone please give me an idea of what it could be?
thanks

legionofone 06-06-2007 10:14 PM

RE: oil pressure drops to zero

ur oil pressure does not i guarentee it... well that is unless ur engine stops... or ur engine runs out of oil before the pan gets more from above... check for problems with ur engine... low oil and so on and so forth

00AccordLX5spd 06-07-2007 09:57 AM

How can you tell the pressure drops to zero? Do these cars have oil pressure gauges? I'm not being sarcastic, I have always wondered that. I used to drive a car that had an oil pressure gauge and I wish my Accord had one.

KevinAccord 06-07-2007 01:35 PM

if u have an oil pressure gauge like i do, then check the wiring, if it's mechanical like mine then there could be a problem in the connection. have u checked for any oil leakage? the check the oil sensor. if the oil light flashes on ur cluster then it's a faulty oil sensor. does ur car run same as always of does it have a problem?

saad180 06-07-2007 11:12 PM

Lately my car has been bumping at 4000rpm,
and even more recently it didn't want to speed up. I just keep getting the code -1259

19Accord97 06-08-2007 12:31 AM

Well considering oil is the only thing that prevents your engine from locking up and being destroyed, I would highly recommend not driving it until you can figure the problem out. The bumping worries me along with not wanting to speed up which are classic indicators of lack of oil. Is your ening running hotter?

If you continue to drive, and your engine is not getting a sufficent amount of oil, yet still runs, all you are doing is shortening its lifespan.

00AccordLX5spd 06-08-2007 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: KevinAccord

if u have an oil pressure gauge like i do, then check the wiring, if it's mechanical like mine then there could be a problem in the connection. have u checked for any oil leakage? the check the oil sensor. if the oil light flashes on ur cluster then it's a faulty oil sensor. does ur car run same as always of does it have a problem?
Do you mean you added this gauge? There is not a stock oil pressure gauge is there?

KevinAccord 06-08-2007 07:54 PM

I added a gauge for the turbo kit..... i NEED to know the pressure to make sure there's always enough oil...it's extremely important to know that. u should add one, i boughtan autometerone for $40. (a friend on mine works inaracing shop, few discounts). i would recomenda mechanical one, they are more accurate, though an electrical one is a bit more easier to install.

KevinAccord 06-08-2007 07:57 PM

check the oil pump!!!!!!!!

BlkCurrantKord 06-10-2007 06:17 AM

ORIGINAL: saad180

Lately my car has been bumping at 4000rpm,
and even more recently it didn't want to speed up. I just keep getting the code -1259
There is not enough oil in your engine and therefore not enough oil pressure to engage Vtec. Change the oil and make sure you add enough.