Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Problem with door Lock (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/problem-door-lock-8552/)

Evlampius 03-30-2007 01:37 PM

Problem with door Lock

Hello people!

I am wondering if anyone have ever had such problem and may be any ideas what could that be.

94 honda accord ex sedan 4 doors automatic 2.2L Vtech

When I lock the door, doesnt matter by alarm or by hand from inside or outside - for 30 seconds the lock is keeping working as if someone would constantly push the door lock to "Lock" position. So for 30 seconds it would go "clunk" "clunk" "clunk" and after about 30 seconds it stops and the car stays locked.

It would stop if i unlock the car and it would unlock it without a problem.

So what is the problem? Is there some sort of arelay that is doing that? or where would i start?

thanks for any input,

incountry 03-30-2007 03:47 PM

RE: Problem with door Lock

It sounds like you have a drivers door lock actuator going bad.

j_man_honda 03-30-2007 11:09 PM

My dad had a 94 accord that did the same thing. You may try to undo your battery cable for 15-20 minutesto reset the computer. That might solve the problem.

WheelBrokerAng 03-30-2007 11:18 PM

Make sure that if you find out what does that you post the answer for all to see..might be a problem with other members cars also..

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

uk.accord 03-31-2007 05:54 AM

on my 96 accord when i locked my doors and took the key out they opened again or if i managed to lock em touchin the barrel would open em.so i went to scrap yard an bought another lockin mechanism and micro switch.(in the end i think it was jus the micro switch)and that sorted my doors.i had an auto electrician fit them(£100)but the job looked easy enough

Evlampius 03-31-2007 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

My dad had a 94 accord that did the same thing. You may try to undo your battery cable for 15-20 minutesto reset the computer. That might solve the problem.
no that wasnt it.

as I was trying to play with it - I guess the symptom progressed into the next stage,

when door is locked the locking motor would make a horrible "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" sound but the door stays locked. The constantlocking part dissapeared.

Now about the locking mechanism - what part exactly has to be replaced? I've checked the door switch it is actually fine nothing is sticking.

I've been working on hondas for four years but trully this problem got me puzzled. Never had such thing yet...

thanks for your input.
Evla.

deserthonda 03-31-2007 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: incountry

It sounds like you have a drivers door lock actuator going bad.
I would have to agree..........it sounds just like a bad door lock actuator ..

uk.accord 04-01-2007 02:40 PM

Mine was buzzing when i locked it.I bought the selonoid(motor)for £30 for a drivers door and back door and a micro switch.It bolts on behind the window runner and the catch on the side of the door.Its awkward to get out.either through the door handle or removing the window runner(witch is awkward to get back on)