Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Real Car Enthusiasts Question... (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/real-car-enthusiasts-question-24995/)

AccordLXMaster 04-24-2009 04:54 PM

Real Car Enthusiasts Question...

ive been doin a lot of research and i actually used alldata and mitchell on demand and still cant find certain specs on the 98 LX...

stock specs for f23a1

compression ratio
stock bore/stroke
...hadda few more and cant seem to remember them but ill let you know if i remember...but yeah if anyone can find these id be grateful....goin NA instead...port n polish...cam regrind...cam gear...and actually thinkin of increasing the stroke or bore...so i guess u cud say upgrading crankshaft and possibly pistons....as much NA power as i can get

AccordLXMaster 04-24-2009 05:10 PM

nvm...for get the original question...found the specs....new question is...what are your thoughts on increasing bore or stroke for the f23a1...hasnt really been done before has it?..and really isnt talked aboutmuch among import tuners....jus mostly among muscle heads....well thought about integrating the two concepts....not import and muscle..but import and bore and stroke...could possibly reach some nice power output along with upgraded internals...and of course not to be done without upgraded internals in mind....

just want to know ideas on it and how complicated or simple you think the process would be

jcocker03 04-27-2009 01:38 PM

here you are with your silly ideas again, don't you think theres a reason people don't stroke and bore f23s?

i have complete faith in you that you will kill your engine

finch13 04-27-2009 01:44 PM

People DO stroke and bore the F23... can do it without new sleeves too, but why?

You realize you are incapabable of building the engine yourself... so you will be investing quite a bit more cash than most people.

jcocker03 04-27-2009 01:55 PM

People DO stroke and bore the F23... can do it without new sleeves too, but why?

What would you stroke an f23 for?

finch13 04-27-2009 02:02 PM

I have no clue why you would besides boring it to 89mm and increasing stroke for more displacement, but I do know it's been done. Seems like a worthless thing to do on anything short of a full NA or FI build.

jcocker03 04-27-2009 02:14 PM

imo if you want an NA accord just swap for a H

finch13 04-27-2009 02:17 PM

I would agree

live2rice 04-27-2009 03:11 PM

F23 has way more stroke than an H22 though. Maybe if you did a stroked G23 build it would make good power. But I dont see a F23 head flowing all that well.

CBFeuls 04-29-2009 03:43 PM

huh?

i was told, and maybe i was told wrong but the k series heads are very similar and used the same head design concept as the F series heads BECAUSE they flow so well....