Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   SEAFOAM USE IT OR NOT (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/seafoam-use-not-6237/)

2.3vteckid 12-01-2006 08:08 PM

SEAFOAM USE IT OR NOT

i used it on my 99 accord and it has brought back some power that i have lost over the years my accord cpe has 140k on it and i now get second gear scratch again,maybe its all in my head i dont know let know what you guys thinks. i put it throught the vacume line and i had a friend rev the motor and it smoked like it was on fire but it seemed to work!

Slusher 12-02-2006 06:08 AM

RE: SEAFOAM USE IT OR NOT

I've never used it but people swear by it. I guess I've been a little scared to use it with the miles and age of my car, I guess it can eat away at what little is left of old sludgy gaskets.

poser_pilot6 12-02-2006 11:29 AM

I ran about a half can through my car last weekend. It didnt seem to do all that much for me, definitely didnt smoke as much as I thought it would. I funnelled it through the brake vacuum line, which feeds into the intake manifold, I think. Is that the line you are talking about?

ArcticHonda 12-02-2006 02:38 PM

I just used it the other day...put it through the brake booster line. It didn't smoke or anything...maybe I put it in too slow but I revved up the rpms a bit and then poured it in until the engine just started to sputter...did this until 1/3 of the bottle was gone. Put another third in the fuel tank. I really didn't notice any difference afterwards.

YeuEmMaiMai 12-03-2006 02:09 PM

I have used it on my previous 2 hondas with no ill effects

HondaRacer4Vtec 12-05-2006 03:04 PM

I really dont see the point of it, if you change your oil every when you suppose to, for me i change it every 3k and every 3k i put one bottle of supersym vavlone fuel system clearner, that cleansa all that stuff like pistons and intake valves. but like i siad if you change you oil like your suppose to then sudgle wouildnt build up.

sir_nasty 12-05-2006 03:35 PM

sludge won't build up but carbon builds up naturally from the fuel burning.... it helps but it's been said that anything under a 10hp gain you won't truly "feel" by a butt dyno... did any of you do fuel mileage tests to see if it helped that?

94scaccord 12-10-2006 10:46 PM

i used it in my old s-10.. worked awsome.. you should have seen all the smoke.. i also used it in my old plymouth.. i haven't used it in my honda yet but i can guarentee when spring hits i will be..

accordfan222 12-14-2006 02:41 PM

I like to use this product since it saws lots of advantage. Can anybody explain how to use it. the bottle shows that if you want to put in fuel than use PCV valve port, what it mean ?? Do you have to remove PCV valve and pour the liquid straight in to that hole ??????. for engine oil it says go straight into the crank case. Now is this stuff can be add straight with engine oil ??? before oil change or after oil change ???? As a gas line and injector cleaner it says to put in gas tank, is that correct. Please explain if somebody had use this stuff and had better result.