Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   stupid question (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/stupid-question-14213/)

pakipower 11-24-2007 10:04 AM

stupid question

ok i got a 2000 accord, with 2.3 i know there is not much i can do to it, little head work, turbo and what not, but i will be looking for a better build later, i was thinking the f20b 2.0, now i searched and i could not find anything all together so i was wondering for those of you who know,

which f series motor is the best for these accords? (mine is a 2000) what trannys can i use, can i stick to my stocktranny,then from that particular f series motor which head is best to use for a turbo application, can we slap an h22 head on it ???

last there is no way for me to make the f23 a DOHC ???

sir_nasty 11-24-2007 11:24 AM

RE: stupid question

I wouldn't really call this a stupid question. However, add your car information to your signature. Is it a manual or Automatic. Also, from what I've heard the f22 lends really well to turbo applications since it's a SOHC V-Tec but I don't know if it would match your tranny.

As for which engine is the best for these accords it really depends on what you want to do. Do you want a turbo or a N/A build? What's your end goal, Daily Driver or Track racing?

pakipower 11-24-2007 12:32 PM

Well it is a 5 spd, daily driving but i would like to go to the track, i am going turbo for sure, most likly i will do a mild build on my f23, turbo intercooler fuel rail, injectors, pnp E- manage but i was trying to figure out for an all out bulid would f23 be good if not was thing about the f20b i think i like DOHC !!!

falkore24 11-26-2007 10:46 AM

Your 2.3 L engine will get better low-end torque. The best bet for a turbo build is to have a block guard tack welded in, swap to a H22A head and turbo your frankenstein G23. A Toda camshaft would help get high rpm power also. Don't forget to budget for flywheel/clutch upgrades, an engine damper and suspension work.

00AccordLX5spd 11-26-2007 11:33 AM

Save some money and turbo the f23

pakipower 11-26-2007 12:02 PM

h22a ??? hold on never heard of that one yet on a f23, i mean i am sure it hase been done but i have only seen like little tid bits of info on this, can you guys give me some more info on this head what car does it come from (assuming an lude) what year, do i need to redrill the holes, is there any inhearent problems with them on a f23 ??? dame now i am excited !!! pls holla bac let me know more, send me a link so i can read up on this swap, i will be searching for this swap on line today while i am at work ,

pakipower 11-26-2007 12:49 PM

ok so i also read the the h22 head will fit any f seires enging is that tru ???? cause a fully built h22 head on forged internals on my f23 block, and turbo'd to 15 psi sound like my kind of car i hope this is tru is so i will be starting to piece my head and turbo kit togther over the winter :)

BlkCurrantKord 11-26-2007 01:25 PM

Oh geez...where to start...

The F20B motor is good for N/A and N/A only. The H22 and H23 came in preludes.

Swapping the H22 head on the F23 is called the G23Vtec - Search Honda-Tech
You can also swap on the H23 head which is called the G23non-vtec - Search Honda-Tech

You can turbo your stock F23, just build it up. It's actually the cheaper option.

And Falkore...Toda camshafts are for N/A purposes only and last time I checked were only available for B series.

falkore24 11-26-2007 02:29 PM

I didn't know that they only do NA ..... I thought that they made turbo camshafts also. They do B, C, K and F series motors.

00AccordLX5spd 11-26-2007 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

Oh geez...where to start...

The F20B motor is good for N/A and N/A only. The H22 and H23 came in preludes.

Swapping the H22 head on the F23 is called the G23Vtec - Search Honda-Tech
You can also swap on the H23 head which is called the G23non-vtec - Search Honda-Tech

You can turbo your stock F23, just build it up. It's actually the cheaper option.

And Falkore...Toda camshafts are for N/A purposes only and last time I checked were only available for B series.

Dang Blk, you must be in a good mood today! Normally you always say "Search! http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/i...ilies/slap.gif"
That was a good short and sweet explanation too.
Hence why I said to boost the F23 to save money.