Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   trans problem (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/trans-problem-2114/)

01hondaccordlx 02-24-2006 11:10 AM

trans problem

i have an 01 accord lx and was driving the other day when it jumped and now its all mesed up. it only moves forward and in nuetral and d2. aside from that its like its in park. i replaced both sensors on the trans with sensors from honda but didnt change a thing, it had a check engine light on that gave the code P1751, according to autozone. any ideas? im taking it o a trans guy in pearland that my uncle know. ill let you know what he says.

lightshow 02-24-2006 01:32 PM

RE: trans problem

P1751 Mechanical Problem in Hydraulic Control System of Shift Solenoid Valve B and A/T Clutch
Pressure Control Solenoid Valves A and B, or Problem in the Hydraulic Control System

sounds like a baddd problem way outta my league.

sir_nasty 02-24-2006 03:48 PM

I would start by looking for wires that came loose or linkage that's loose somewhere around the linkage, do you still feel resitance all around when you shift to different gears? any noise? just a few thoughts....

lightshow 02-24-2006 05:40 PM

aamco....if you have one of those will check your transmission for free.

01hondaccordlx 02-25-2006 11:23 AM

wel i took it to my uncles guy and its internal so they're gonna have to rebuilt it. is 14oo agood price to rebuild the v6trans?

lightshow 02-25-2006 04:13 PM

aaaaah.......no not really........**** unk cant hook it up any better than that? see how much he will just install one for.... cause you can get a reman trans for about 1000 and LKQ might be able to get you a good used one for around 750...definately give LKQ a call though.

YJ94 02-26-2006 12:14 AM

Call honda i herd they may fix it for free .

01hondaccordlx 02-26-2006 11:36 PM

i thought about honda but i have like 76k miles on it and its 5yrs old so the factory warrenty is long gone.

01hondaccordlx 03-07-2006 12:47 PM

well i foundout that the trans rebuid was expensive, because they had to replace the clutch drum. now my check engine light is on and it says its the shifter selecter. i assume that its the sensor connected to my gear shifter by my center console. am i correct in thinking this?

lightshow 03-07-2006 06:14 PM

so you had the transmission rebuilt for 1400 and the check engine light is still on??? you took it to the wrong place. i feel really bad so many people on here it seems are taking their cars to these ****ty shops that are doing half ass work and charging up the ass, how frustrating. this just reaffirms that i am not taking my car anywhere to be serviced, i dont even want the bum at the gas station cleaning my windows anymore. geesh well thats my ramble... to answer your question i dont know....i dont know why they would have messed with the shifter inside of your car, there is no reason to do this when taking off the tranny for rebuild......so i my first guess would be something on the tranny itself. but, with these crappy shops who knows what the hell they were really doing on your poor car.