Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   What direction should I go in? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/what-direction-should-i-go-13167/)

Pugs88 10-11-2007 11:17 PM

What direction should I go in?

Hope this is somewhat the right area to post this in. I just got my accord about 2 weeks ago. It's not completely paid off yet, but I'm already planning on modding it. I'm thinking I will have about 1200 dollars I want to put into performance parts for my car. Originally I was thinking Greddy EVO2exhaust, AEM intake, and DC header. Since the people on this forum seem to know a pretty good amount about the accord I want to know what you would do with 1200. My car is completely stock and is going on 130,000 miles. It is the 2000 EX F23A4 with the 5 speed. I've never messed around with turbo and I'm not sure how much that would cost, but I know enough that I would either get I/H/E or a turbo since I'd have to replace these parts then. So should I save up for turbo maybe. I want some decent power, but I realize that it's only a 4 cylinder, so I'm not expecting to have a racing car or anything. Also, if I do I/H/E, where should I go from there, or is it not going to be worth my money for more hp after these. I was looking at new cam gear and new pullys. Long post, but I hope to learn something here.

MrGmo 10-12-2007 12:35 AM

RE: What direction should I go in?

I/H/E will give you prolly maximum 20-50 hp.... and im being generous... i was thinking of doing a whole engine swap on my f23 but ive seen other forums where people are swapping heads of the H22 to the F23...

just wait and see what the elders think.... im just a newb, i used to drive a g35, before that a tsx i just got my accord like a month ago so i learning myself at the momment... this forum website kicksbutt by the way....

02BlueAccord 10-12-2007 01:57 AM

hey you might want to take out the cuss word. they will get mad at you for it lol just a for warning. but to answer yourr question. i would go with i/h/e cuz you can run a turbo on all stock parts but it would prolly run bad cuz it would be able to push out all the air that it needs to. so for now get i/h/e. i have a tru time pully kit on my car and you kinda notice a difference but then not. its good when the a/c is running tho.

BlkCurrantKord 10-12-2007 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: 02BlueAccord

hey you might want to take out the cuss word. they will get mad at you for it lol just a for warning. but to answer yourr question. i would go with i/h/e cuz you can run a turbo on all stock parts but it would prolly run bad cuz it would be able to push out all the air that it needs to. so for now get i/h/e. i have a tru time pully kit on my car and you kinda notice a difference but then not. its good when the a/c is running tho.
Umm...what?

With 130K miles on it, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to boost it stock. Find a spare engine and build it for boost or build the current one if thats the way you want to go. Keeping in mind how long you plan on keeping this car.

00AccordLX5spd 10-12-2007 10:23 AM

Currant has the best suggestions yet. If you really want the power, I/H/E is not going to get you there. I say 10hp from those.
If I wanted to boost mine, I would find a spare f23 (salvage yards will likely have low mileage ones for reasonable$) and piece together a turbo over time as I had the money for parts. That of couse would be if I had the storage space for a spare engine.

nafango2 10-18-2007 09:41 PM

Blow all the money on an H22. do a swap.

peter4jc 10-18-2007 11:26 PM

And not to be a wet blanket, if you've only had the car 2 weeks, have you had a chance to find out what kind of service its had over the years? There may be plenty of maintenance/safety stuff to think about if you haven't already. I'm thinking it would be smart to stick some of that $1200 into a timing belt soon if that's never been done. Tranny fluid, brake fluid, cooling system, brakes..... all stuff to nail down.

Not trying to tellyou what to do, in case you've tended to all this.

02BlueAccord 10-19-2007 01:44 AM

sorry man i meant CANT not can

MrGmo 10-19-2007 01:47 AM

YES, peter4jc is right, you never know where that car has been, do all the maintenance stuff first... youd be suprised how much power youll gain by doing the necessary things... check your spark plugs too. if you have Bosh TAKE THEM OUT, i just changed mine to Champion AutoLight double Platinum and my car feels so responsive compared to the bosh ones. also change your oil for two reasons... one so youll know where youre at as far as change interval, AND so you can put some FULL SYTHETIC in there... i put 4qt of mobile one F/S 5w-30 and 1/2qt of Lucas Oil... and man what a diffrence this made... seriously man do all the maintenance stuff first then mod it... youll be sure that your engine is doing good and that youll get the most power out of your future mods...

bssmagik83 10-19-2007 11:06 AM

yup, check the timing belt, if that goes out you got no more motor to work with...change plugs (NGK irridium), upgrade plug wires, go full synthetic. maybe take to honda and get the senors checked or replaced...like PCV valve or EGR valve...little things like that will add up, and then the car will last long enough for you to save up and build another motor or do what you want.....if you got anything left look for some good sprigns and struts and lower taht B****