Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   01 accord won't start after heater core install (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/01-accord-wont-start-after-heater-core-install-65306/)

Jaleelfoster7 12-18-2017 08:17 PM

What does the 70 amp fuse look like?

The Toecutter 12-18-2017 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jaleelfoster7 (Post 378215)
What does the 70 amp fuse look like?

It's about 1.5 inches long, by a 1/2 inch wide, with 2 blades pointing down. I believe these might be dealer only parts.

Jaleelfoster7 12-18-2017 08:36 PM

Ok well I'll try that tomorrow since I'm sure I can't get that part tonight but I'll keep y'all posted

The Toecutter 12-18-2017 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jaleelfoster7 (Post 378217)
Ok well I'll try that tomorrow since I'm sure I can't get that part tonight but I'll keep y'all posted

I'd pull it out and verify it's blown first.

Jaleelfoster7 12-18-2017 08:50 PM

How exactly do I know if it's blown?

PAhonda 12-19-2017 10:08 PM

Use a volt meter. Ground the black meter lead. The red meter lead should read 12V on both sides of the fuse on the phillipshead bolt.

Jaleelfoster7 12-20-2017 11:14 AM

Everything seems to be working and reading fine but can't hear the fuel pump kick on when I turn the key on so I replace the fuel pump relay and it's still not kicking on. I'm thinking maybe the fuel pump is bad cause it's getting spark and everything just doesn't seem to be getting gas. I figured if the fuel pump was bad then it would still kick on regardless

The Toecutter 12-20-2017 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jaleelfoster7 (Post 378247)
Everything seems to be working and reading fine but can't hear the fuel pump kick on when I turn the key on so I replace the fuel pump relay and it's still not kicking on. I'm thinking maybe the fuel pump is bad cause it's getting spark and everything just doesn't seem to be getting gas. I figured if the fuel pump was bad then it would still kick on regardless

A way to verify the fuel pump is bad, or just not working, is to remove the big vacuum hose from the brake booster, and give it a 10 second shot of starter fluid. If the engine starts and runs for a short bit, then the pump isn't working, but everything else should be good (ignition, starter motor, spark plugs). This means you can then move onto why the pump isn't coming on. With a VOM (Volt Ohm Meter) check to see if you have 12 volts at the fuel connector (under the cover plate, behind the rear seat). You'll need the key in the II position to check for power.

Note; if the engine doesn't start, then you might not be getting power to the ignition coil or distributor, or coil packs (don't know which you have).

Jaleelfoster7 12-25-2017 01:17 PM

A little update came to the conclusion after doing research and the problem has to be either something with the key, ecu, or key immobilizer maybe. Symptoms are the car will not turn on if the green key immobilizer light won't come on. Every light comes on when in the on position but the check engine light and the green key immobilizer light. I've replaced the main relay fuse so that didn't work. Any advice is welcomed and took to the dealership today so we'll see maybe tomorrow or this week what the problem is

The Toecutter 12-25-2017 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jaleelfoster7 (Post 378311)
A little update came to the conclusion after doing research and the problem has to be either something with the key, ecu, or key immobilizer maybe. Symptoms are the car will not turn on if the green key immobilizer light won't come on. Every light comes on when in the on position but the check engine light and the green key immobilizer light. I've replaced the main relay fuse so that didn't work. Any advice is welcomed and took to the dealership today so we'll see maybe tomorrow or this week what the problem is

Yeah, if the green immobilizer light doesn't come on, you'll get a no-start condition. That's a possible ECU issue, as the ECU controls that.