General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 acura cl problem f23a1

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Arrow 98 acura cl problem f23a1

i have a 98 cl 2.3 and i have this engine code that came on .. the dtc is p1382 and which leads to manf ignition control or misfire the ideal fix on alldata was replace distributor housing . did that and te same issue and the liight is still on .. i have no idea what to do next .. Any help?

Old 04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

also what i have noticed is that sometimes when accelerating up a hil under heavy load conditions i get a "putt" kind of .. dosent feel like a miss but like something is slipping . but it just might be a slight miss ive ran through all the aldata test procedures and everything checks ou fine

The scan tool indicates Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1382: No signal in the Cylinder Position (CYP) sensor circuit.

Description
The CYP Sensor detects the position of No.1 cylinder for sequential fuel injection to each cylinder

Old 04-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Is the resistance reading at the distributor connector and at the ECU connector (C29 to C30) about the same?

Old 04-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

idk i havent tested that yet .. ill have to do it tomorrow when my shop is unlocked and i can get to my multimeter( its not a Autozone ElCheapo) either... its a cornwell 245$ 1 so i know its pretty accurate

Old 04-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i went ahead and tested it and there is no reading at the pcm connector but at the dist i am getting a reading idk what to do

Old 04-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

You could tell us WHAT reading you get at the distributor. And there's no such thing as "NO READING". At the PCM you either get open or short?

Old 04-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

well at the dist alldata is calling for between .08 and 1.5 ohms im gettin 1.74-1.8 even ... at the pcm connector in gettin no reading for the 2 wires... when testing teh resistance it just stays blank on my multimeter not even a ting ... sould i run a jumper wire to the dist directly for both the wires and see if that clears it up?

Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

So this "blank" is the same as what the meter does when you're not touching the probes to anything?

"OPEN" is whatever the meter does when you hold the test leads apart & don't touch them to anything. "SHORT" is what the meter does when you touch the leads together. Different meters have different ways to display each of these.

Yes, try a jumper wire. If that clears it up, then you've got a broken wire in the harness.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Yes, when i put the probes in the connector pins ( c29-c30) i got nothing as if the meter itself isint touching anything are there any diodes or anything between the ecm and distributor that i sould know of first before i go ahead and jump them?

Old 04-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

I don't have a wiring drawing for that car, but I bet there's nothing but wire between the ECM & the distributor. As long as you're probing the correct pins of the ECM's wiring harness, it really sounds like a broken wire...

Sometimes the (+) side of that circuit uses shielded wire, so be aware of that when you cut & splice.

Quick Reply: 98 acura cl problem f23a1