Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   1991 dx with dash lights and parking light problem (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/1991-dx-dash-lights-parking-light-problem-46919/)

NY_Pito_NY 04-16-2012 05:03 PM

1991 dx with dash lights and parking light problem

Hello my fellow accord buddies...

i have a 91 accord dx...with 135k ...i have the following problems

1) the whole entire dash illumination does not work anymore..it did a week ago.

2) i kept getting flashes from other car drivers in the rear...they told me that my parking light are not functioning.

I have various threads and did the recommended procedures. For example..i did which out the #23 fuse u/h..it had a 25 in it where a 15 should have been in there..i replaced it witha 15 but noticed that the 25 fuse still functioned but it had a white crystalizaation on both sides of the tabs behind the plastic itself. It might have been ready to bust or it got overheated or something i dont know.
Battery tests out fine.
No blown fuses in the drivers kick panel
No water damage in the truck.
No blown bulbs as well
i do have an aftermarket radio but that shouldnt the problem. It worked for a total of 12 months before last week.
Any suggestions?
I read in post about check the light switch itself since they are direct and dont go through a relay. i will beck tonight.
thank you for your time and suggestion....

crispin 04-16-2012 05:27 PM

To my knowledge I am the only one who solved this problem.

I rewired the lights, super easy and I could do your car in less then 10 mins as it is that simple.

I will search for the thread I made on it.

NY_Pito_NY 04-16-2012 05:28 PM

how in the world did you do that??

crispin 04-16-2012 05:30 PM

here is the thread

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ocation-35068/

many many people have come on this board with the same problem and after replacing many random parts and tons of hours trying to figue out the problem not one has every reported that they fixed it.

I came up with a simple solution and it is still working today.

NY_Pito_NY 04-16-2012 06:25 PM

what fuse do you remember that was blowing...i dont have any fuses blown. i turn on the headlights and it fuctions..with no fuse blowing. another thing the ding dong sound that the car makes when you pull out the keys and the headlight is still on doesnt play anymore. i took out the dimmer switch and it didnt solve the problem...i need to get the problem fixed...im afraid if i bypass the curcuit i will mess it up..overload and cause a fire...i read all the pages on your post and someone mentioned of a c452 ...and to get the diagram and location in the Diy ...there is nothing there....

NY_Pito_NY 04-16-2012 07:35 PM

I will have to take my wife to work tomorrow to try and fix problem

crispin 04-17-2012 03:57 AM

Under the hood is a 15 amp fuse, my money is on that fuse is blown and when you replace it it will blow as soon as you turn your headlights on.

It is very dangerous to drive at dark with no rear lights on, you can hurt yourself or someone else.

I am also going to bet that your front driving lights (corner lights) are not working either.

If you find everything I just said is true, I can walk you through how to get it to work, you will not have to worry about overloading your wires and causing a fire it is very simple and I can provide you with some pictures to help you with the process.

poorman212 04-17-2012 06:51 PM

Crispin, you are crossing gen's here. So what worked on the 5th might not be the same on the 4th.

First thing I'd suggest the OP do (after checking/testing fuses), test the dash dimmer switch....dash AND tail not working.....

crispin 04-17-2012 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212 (Post 277662)
Crispin, you are crossing gen's here. So what worked on the 5th might not be the same on the 4th.

First thing I'd suggest the OP do (after checking/testing fuses), test the dash dimmer switch....dash AND tail not working.....

I agree... Lets see what the OP says he finds

NY_Pito_NY 04-18-2012 03:04 PM

ok your right the front corner lights dont work... i 4x checked the fuses...i took time and took out the dash bezel today..so everthing is exposed..the one one i found out today...is that the hazard light switch has to be connected for the turn signals to work..

i would take any pics available..any help to get to the bottom of this problem.