General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f22a6, passenger front wheel off center

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Default f22a6, passenger front wheel off center

hi

i am deffinatly a new member, never been a member of any forum before.
but have been reading this forum for over a year.

I have a 92 accord ex which has had numerous problems, fixed most except
ive been having issue with passenger wheel being pushed back about an inch. ( i read the post about tranny type, all i know is auto atm.)

i just got done replacing subframe i think is what its called. the frame that has the control arms connected to that the steering rack is in. so now i realize, another thing i dont know the name for, the arm that goes from the front cross member to the controll arm, when that unscrewed from the control arm, the arm wants to go back into the center, but ive tried control arm, that one arm, and new crossmember from pick n pull and same thing! but the crossmember and subframe bolt in just fine, the only thing i could think of would be bent frame, but the two frames wouldnt bolt in if bent right? what could be causing wheel to be pushed back? ive checked shock, upper control arm, and all look straight and true.

to tell the truth, im not even sure if i can post questions here. if not, please let me know. thanks

Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Check the strut/radius rod and bushings.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 PM

Im guessiing the strut is the spring, or shock. Well they look straight, and radius rod was a term I was looking for thankyou! But that ive replaced, same issue. Its like if the radius rod was an inch shorter everything would work.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlindGungfu
Im guessiing the strut is the spring, or shock. Well they look straight, and radius rod was a term I was looking for thankyou! But that ive replaced, same issue. Its like if the radius rod was an inch shorter everything would work.
""

Forgot to mention I used new bushings for radius rod, and didnt change a thing. Sorry for the bad termonology, if I had a picture of all the wheel "stuff" I could explain better. :-)

Old 03-28-2013, 06:03 PM

Okay, did some termonology research. Ive replaced both crossmembers, radius rod, and control arm. also radius rod bushings. same thing. Imagine if the assembly is centered, then have to pull the assembly back an inch to bolt radius to control arm.
shocks look good. Ive still got everything apart, just really dont want to put back screwed up again. Also it would seem that the axle slid out a bit on drivers side, do I need to do removal and installation procedure? Or is there some awesome twist and push trick out there?

Old 03-28-2013, 08:56 PM

aaaaah! Come on guys, (and gals) this site is so good at responding, whats the hold up yo?

Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Crossmember and lower control arm are new?

I was thinking that the lower control arm is bent or something, but not if it's new. Is it possible to just pull the lower control arm towards the front of the car, flexing the rubber bushings, and connect the radius rod?

Attached Thumbnails f22a6, passenger front wheel off center-1992-front-lower-arm.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:52 AM

Yeah its all been replaced.
If I were to pull controll arm towards front then the radius rod just wouldnt go forward. The big bushings in crossmember keep it back. I need to drink some coffee then ill go and take some pics.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:33 PM

Well I have no idea how to share pics. But it just looks like on a normall wheel assembly wth radius unbolted,,but it doesnt line up with control arm.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Get the pics onto your computer.
Instead of clicking "Quick Reply", click "Go Advanced".
Somewhere is a button that says "manage attachments". That opens a popup window where you can browse to the picture and upload it.

Quick Reply: f22a6, passenger front wheel off center