General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Accord rear bearing replaced but ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 11:40 PM
Unhappy 2015 Accord rear bearing replaced but ...

... on my dashboard I have 4 lights on after replacing rear passenger side bearing. ABS light is on, Flat tire blinks then goes steady, traction control light is on and steering issue light is coming on after few second of engine start. Any idea what might be wrong? I replaced bearing twice and 2nd time I also replaced the sensor. I reset all the codes/lights with a computer but all goes back after driving the car. Disconnected battery for about about 4 min but it didn’t help either. Can someone help me please?

Old 02-14-2018, 04:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Are you using the correct part for your car? And you did only replace the bearing and not assembly, correct?

Old 02-14-2018, 04:44 AM

I assume you replaced the assembly. What brand is the part? Make sure your sensor is completely clean and plugged in all the way. It should of been an easy swap so something is missing.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Did you also calibrate the TPMS system afterward?

Your Accord comes with an indirect TPMS that doesn’t use tire pressure sensors mounted inside the tires. Instead, it uses the existing VSA wheel speed sensors to monitor and compare tire characteristics while driving.

Instructions for TPMS calibration is part of the owner’s manual and available online.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Default 2015 Accord rear bearing replaced but ...

I replaced bearing with hub assembly.

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
Are you using the correct part for your car? And you did only replace the bearing and not assembly, correct?

Old 02-14-2018, 12:55 PM
Default 2015 Accord rear bearing replaced but ...

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
I assume you replaced the assembly. What brand is the part? Make sure your sensor is completely clean and plugged in all the way. It should of been an easy swap so something is missing.
Tha rear bearing hub assembly was an aftermarket part. I will have to check part # but the store owner said it is good for my 2015 Accord.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Did you also calibrate the TPMS system afterward?

Your Accord comes with an indirect TPMS that doesn’t use tire pressure sensors mounted inside the tires. Instead, it uses the existing VSA wheel speed sensors to monitor and compare tire characteristics while driving.

Instructions for TPMS calibration is part of the owner’s manual and available online.
I was trying to do the calibration but I was getting message that it failed. Should I do it with just ignition ON? Keep in mind that flat tire light blinks for like 20-30 seconds then it’s steady beside other lights on my dashboard like ABS, Traction control and steering wheel. All of those lights are ON on my dashboard

Old 02-14-2018, 02:34 PM

Something is not plugged back in right. I would look at the area again.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Get the trouble code(s) read and post the actual code number(s). Many auto parts store will read the codes for free. It has to be a OBD reader/scanner capable of reading Honda ABS trouble codes.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:32 PM

Having the code will help you pinpoint the issue. Being that you know the work you did caused the issue the code will help little. There are 4 things that will cause your issue ( wrong part/incorrectly installed , unplugged/broken sensor or recalibration). If you get the code do post it.

Quick Reply: 2015 Accord rear bearing replaced but ...