Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   1998 Honda Accord Clock Light? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/1998-honda-accord-clock-light-12884/)

killingfield 09-30-2007 12:08 AM

1998 Honda Accord Clock Light?

Hi I just purchased a Twilight Honda Accord EX yesterday. Though I am fully satisfied with this car there is one particular problem that I have a hard time finding a resolution to. When I drive at night I can not see the clock on the dash, I have checked all fuses but nothing is out. The dimmer on the instrument panel does not go as bright as I thought it would be.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Or does it not come with anylights on the clock?

Thanks in advance.

killingfield 09-30-2007 12:42 AM

RE: 1998 Honda Accord Clock Light?

OK PROBLEM SOLVED. I found out that I have a burnt bulb.
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM:

Remove your clock with a flat head screwdriver and pray it out starting from the lower left hand corner then move to the right hand corner and do the same. I tried doing it from the sides but i broke a plastic chunk off on my clock so becareful!

00AccordLX5spd 10-01-2007 10:25 AM

This is a classic 6th gen accord problem. Mine is currently out, but I may not even bother replacing it since it will probably burn out again!

2POINTautO 10-01-2007 11:11 AM

Come on man, of course its going to burn out again, Oh I know, you dont want your girlfriend knowing what time it is late at night so you can hang out a little longer down at the cliffs, I get it. I remember those days, but we didnt have clocks in the car back then.

sir_nasty 10-01-2007 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: 2POINTautO

Come on man, of course its going to burn out again, Oh I know, you dont want your girlfriend knowing what time it is late at night so you can hang out a little longer down at the cliffs, I get it. I remember those days, but we didnt have clocks in the car back then.
I bet his wife would be pissed if she found out that he was down at the cliffs with his GF, I think he needs the clock to know when to get himself home *L*

00AccordLX5spd 10-01-2007 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

ORIGINAL: 2POINTautO

I bet his wife would be pissed if she found out that he was down at the cliffs with his GF, I think he needs the clock to know when to get himself home *L*

Dangit....I just remembered about that dead hooker in my trunk. I better dispose of that before she starts to stink[sm=ts.gif]

2POINTautO 10-01-2007 11:42 AM

Dead Hooker, Doesnt Stink, I'll be right over.