General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1997 Honda Accord Passenger Window Not Working - Stumped

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Exclamation 1997 Honda Accord Passenger Window Not Working - Stumped

I have a 97 honda 2 door accord. The drivers window works no problem. The passenger however does not, i've moved the switch up and down and nothing happened no noise, so i went to the junkyard and pulled another little switch, hooked it up, didnt work either. Then i checked all the fuses (even under dash) again jus to make sure, and all fuses were good. I even replaced the power window relay with a relay i pulled out of the junkyard, and replaced it with the relay that operates the radiator fan, still nothing. So i took a voltameter and checked for power going through the fuse for the passenger side window. The fuse is not blown, but still no power was going through the fuse. I swapped fuses around on the box and still no power through the passenger window fuse..... so what now? Im not getting any power to the motor or anything. So could the master switch on the drivers side door panel cause it to cancel power to the passenger one. Im wondering if the switch that stops the passenger window from moving was broken to the on position causing the no power. I get power to everything else on the passenger door such as locks and moving the mirror around, but not to window. Again all fuses and relays check out, so what could be my problem. an input helps. cant find this in any thread.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

On the driver's side master switch, there is a Main switch. Is the main switch turned on? It controls power to the passenger side windows. If the passenger side doesn't work after the main switch is turned on, it could be the driver's side master switch is faulty. See attached pics.

Attached Thumbnails 1997 Honda Accord Passenger Window Not Working - Stumped-drivers-side-master-switch-main-switch.jpg   1997 Honda Accord Passenger Window Not Working - Stumped-main-switch.jpg