Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   1999 Accord V6 - brake / battery / car door lights flashing??? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/1999-accord-v6-brake-battery-car-door-lights-flashing-33913/)

Mr. 99 07-30-2010 09:37 PM

1999 Accord V6 - brake / battery / car door lights flashing???

Hey, I have a nice 99 Accord V6, with a weird electrical thing happening.

When I am driving, the battery / brake / and the car door open brake light things on the dashboard all come on at once and flash intermittently.

My battery is brand new, and the alternator was replaced in '08. The car is running fine, with no dimming of the headlights when driving at night. The radio, a/c and all other powers on the car are working fine.

I haven't ever seen it do this in the almost 4 years that I have owned it and it is pretty weird. Has anyone gone through this before?

hondadude 07-30-2010 11:40 PM

My first best guess, ignition switch contacts.
But it would be fun to diagnose it correctly before throwing a part at it.
You can drop off the steering column shroud and look at the solder joints to see if there is any overheated.

kingofudupi 08-05-2010 11:52 PM

Sorry for thread-hi-jacking. I have an 2000 HOnda accord and I too have the exact same problem from about 6 months now. I cant figure out why. Once I had an issue with my dash lights not turing on. I pushed the driver side fuse box and the dash lights got fixed but dont know how.. I am wondering this is some electrical grounding issue..

Any ideas to properly diagnose this will be greatly appreaciated. I have seen the same problem being posted by one more guy in past but no solution..

YeuEmMaiMai 08-06-2010 06:24 AM

ur alt is toast get a new one. my 98 did the same thing. extend your wires 4" and put a CL\TL\Oddessy alt in there

oozgun 09-28-2010 12:55 AM

My 2000 Accord 2dr CPE V6 started showing the same syptoms

It started exactly same way battery, doors and brake light flashing while driving. Then I had to jump start the car one day took it to Sears battery got drained, they have recharged the battery and still have the lights flashing.
I had changed the alternator on this car 3 yrs ago, i don't wanna order the parts before I get too sure about this.

MR.99 I'd appreciate if you could confirm whether it was the alternator or not.
Thanks
(you can email by clicking username above this post)

WheelBrokerAng 09-28-2010 12:59 AM

Hello New Member OozGun...Welcome to the HAF... :)

JimBlake 09-28-2010 06:28 AM

Welcome!
... but please don't put email in clear text - that's a spam magnet for the whole site. People can email you by clicking your username above any post.

Places like AutoZone can test batteries & alternators. It might be that his problem was alternator but yours is a bad battery. Won't hurt to get yours tested.

Emeka Duru 02-06-2019 02:13 AM

1999 Honda brake, battery and all car doors on at ignition II

I have a 1999 Honda Accord 4cyl.The Maint. Req'd and check engine lights are permantly on, on start up since I got the car..Thr car developed a new sign, where The brake light, and all the door open lights stay on at ignition II, but goes off after the car has started..It drives Okay, no problems, just that these lights posing up give me worries..All brake and turn signal lights are working.ThanksJonathan

The Toecutter 02-06-2019 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Emeka Duru (Post 384066)
I have a 1999 Honda Accord 4cyl.The Maint. Req'd and check engine lights are permantly on, on start up since I got the car..Thr car developed a new sign, where The brake light, and all the door open lights stay on at ignition II, but goes off after the car has started..It drives Okay, no problems, just that these lights posing up give me worries..All brake and turn signal lights are working.ThanksJonathan

Check engine light needs to have the codes read. The maint req'd light just needs resetting, instructions can be found in the owners manual. The others lights are doing what they're supposed to.