General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2011 Accord EX does not have outside temp gauge.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Default 2011 Accord EX does not have outside temp gauge.

Hello,
I just got my first Accord EX after owning 2 Toyotas previously. The one of the first things I noticed is that Accord does not have an outside temperature gauge. I just wonder if anyone had good luck with using wireless thermometers as outside thermometers. I have Lacrosse wireless weather station (WS-9029U), and wireless sensor with attached probe. So I was thinking to position sensor somewhere in safe place in the engine compartment, and move probe to where it will provide the most correct reading. Any suggestions on probe placement (beside front bumper)?
Thank you.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

I'd put it in the bumper opening, maybe right behind the license plate.
This belongs in General Tech so I'll move it.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:51 PM

Thank you for reply, and sorry for putting message in wrong spot - my first post here. I was thinking about put it in the front bumper. But concern is - the probe is not as sturdy as original sensor, and could be damaged by debris. On another hand I'm planning to put lower grille mesh to shield my condenser (yes 2011 Accord EX does not have factory installed protector). It should shield the sensor.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

I thought the outside temp was on on odometer..

Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 PM

Unfortunately not on EX. I believe only EX-L have it.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Ahh..my bad. The Pilot has it there...don't really like it there but of course I only get to drive it when the wife lets me.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:33 PM

I just bought an Outside Temperature Sensor Kit for my 2007 Accord EX after reading about it on this site. Honda part number 08E71-SDA-100A for the 2007, $150. Instructions are very easy. Once complete the temperature displays in the Odometer window like the EX-L's.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:53 AM

Well, this kit will not work on 2011 models (at least its what they're saying). When it get little warmer I'll try to install lower grille mod, and at the same time I'll play with wireless thermometer. Thank you all for replays.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:37 PM

If I had not seen the post on here explaining the kit installation and also seeing a kit on Ebay, I may not have this kit. When I went to the Honda dealer, the parts guy tried to tell me several times that Honda did not make a kit for my car. When I kept talking to him about reading this on this forum and seeing a kit on Ebay, he tried to say it must have been a third party vendor. When I told him that the kit on Ebay had Honda on the box, he finally consented to look it up. He then spun the monitor around to show me all of the mods for my car and none for the temp sensor. I politely pointed out the one for Temperature Outside. He pulled it up and said he had worked there for 7 years and never knew these kits were available

This particular part number will probably not work on your car, but they may have one with another part number for your car. They may not have one for the 2011 but I would not take one person's answer if you would really like one. My dealer told me when I first bought the car that they could add it for $200 but I elected not to at the time.

Last edited by Digit; 02-14-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:45 PM

I just installed the Outside Temperature Sensor kit on our 2007 Honda Accord EX. The sensor mounted behind the front bumper just below the Honda emblem. The two mounting holes were already in place and the sensor came with two plastic push-pin type connectors that popped right in place. The 3-wire plug connected to a spare plug just under the engine fuse box. The installation in the engine compartment was really easy and instructions were very clear.

The only hard part about the inside installation was trying to work in the small space just below the steering wheel column. Once I had the small electronic control module mounted, the plug connections were easy to find and connect. A fuse and all of the stick on labels were included to add to the inside fuse panel, etc.

The nice part was turning the car on and seeing the Outside Temperature pop up right where the Odometer reading normally is. You can toggle between Odometer and Outside Temperature.

After coming from cars that had the outside temp, I was really disappointed that the Accord EX did not include this simple feature. But now I have it

Quick Reply: 2011 Accord EX does not have outside temp gauge.