Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   2002 Honda accord cruise control not work (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/2002-honda-accord-cruise-control-not-work-49155/)

TDRJ 07-27-2012 11:18 PM

2002 Honda accord cruise control not work

The green light not comes on when I depress the cruise control on/off button.
Cruise control not work.
Can anyone help? Please please please give me some suggestions. I am a broke college student and cannot afford a shop. Thank you for your time and consideration. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

my1st.honda93 07-28-2012 01:17 AM

check your fuses?you have two boxes 1 under the hood 2nd driver side bottom left foot kick panel

poorman212 07-28-2012 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Check the fuses as suggested. Looks like 6 and 9 are in play here.

Do you have a volt meter to test the switch?

TDRJ 07-31-2012 02:39 PM

Thank you guys. Today I try to Cruise control, it's work. But I didn't do any thing.

Dr. Drivability 07-31-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by TDRJ (Post 290793)
I am a broke college student and cannot afford a shop. Thank you for your time and consideration. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

broke college students need cruise control why? ;)

marty_gilbert2001 07-12-2015 02:59 PM

Check brake switch first

I have an 2002 Accord SE. I cannot stress this enough. After you check your fuses and they are good, then then the next thing to look at on accords is the brake pedal switch. Even if your brake lights work, start here. I spent 3 days digging through possible causes. I check every sensor, twice, they were all good. I checked the 14p cable and everything tested good. I tested the airbag clock spring or reel, whatever you want to call it. I tested both the switches and they were good, everyone posting about the main switch not lighting up should know more than likely the bulbs are blown in the switch. I spent most of my time trying to get the main switch to work under the idea that it was working when it lit up. Not knowing the two bulbs inside were bad. The airbag was replaced under recall and the day Honda replaced it is the day the cruise stopped working. When I took the panel off to test the wires i saw they were taped with electrical tape. So i thought Honda had broke it. They tested the airbag reel and said it was not them. So, once again i was at a loss. I never thought to really check the brake switch. My brake lights worked fine and I had made sure it was making good contact with the pedal. Out of other options I went back to the switch and looked at it very closely. I noticed it was only pushed in about 99.9% of the way. That .01% will not effect the brake lights or come up when testing the 14p cable on the cruise module. So, after testing every switch, sensor, cable, fuse, relay, and everything else, all it took was a 16th of a turn on the brake pedal switch.