Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   2006 Accord P0365 STILL even after new sensor (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/2006-accord-p0365-still-even-after-new-sensor-67325/)

faron678 11-17-2019 06:59 PM

2006 Accord P0365 STILL even after new sensor

My 06 accord started to miss and it actually felt like the transmission was slipping, but then I noticed that the car wouldn’t rev over about 2500 rpm and when I hooked up the scanner it had P0365 code. I installed a new camshaft position sensor and cleared the codes. The car was very hard to start after that and the code came back immediately. I cleared the code and tried again with the same result. Finally the car started fine and the code stayed off after a few try’s. Ran perfectly for about 40 miles and then the P0365 code came back again. I’m at a loss on what to do next. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

PAhonda 11-17-2019 07:43 PM

Is your car a V6 or 4-cylinder?

What was the replacement cam sensor part number? Was it a Honda part or aftermarket?

faron678 11-17-2019 08:16 PM

4 cyl.
I bought the sensor from O’Reilly so it’s aftermarket.
Part # 19-0209

PAhonda 11-17-2019 11:05 PM

When you get a code for a "sensor" on your car, the code really means that the PCM (aka engine computer) is reading something out of range and sets the code. The real problem can be the sensor, the wiring/connectors, or the PCM itself. You really need to troubleshoot the entire circuit to determine the real problem(s). 95% of the time, the sensor is bad, but there can be other problems that can set that code.

Your accord has a cam position sensor for the intake and exhaust cams. The P0365 is for the exhaust sensor and is called cam sensor B.

The exhaust and intake sensors are close to each other. Check that you replaced the correct sensor, which is the exhaust sensor for code P0365.

The exhaust sensor is towards the firewall/whindshield side of the engine. The wire colors going to that sensor are green, brown/yellow, and yellow/black.

Can't easily find all the intake sensor wire colors, but one of the wire colors is blue/white.

faron678 11-18-2019 07:57 PM

I verified that I replaced the correct sensor according to your description. I even checked the wiring for any noticeable damage and can’t see anything. What are the odds that the replacement sensor is no good? Any idea what else I could look for to find the cause of the problem?

faron678 11-24-2019 01:41 PM

So I pulled the valve cover off and checked the timing marks,everything looked ok but went on and had the timing chain, tensioner, guides etc replaced since the car was out of commission anyway.
After geting everything back together, I still get the P0365 code.
Next I pulled the sensor connector off and measured the constant voltage and ground to the connector. The ground was good and the constant wire measured 14 volts. I’m attempting to back probe the signal wire to measure it while the connector is plugged in and the car is running but haven’t been able to yet.
This is a brand new sensor (aftermarket). What are the chances that the new sensor is bad?
What else would need to check next?

Any help at all would be very much appreciated!

Seanjordan20 11-24-2019 08:55 PM

That sensor at minimum would have purchased OEM. Some parts for BMW you just don't want to chance going aftermarket especially sensors. BMWs are too sensitive.

My friend replaced CAM sensors with aftermarket. Still got errors had her buy OEM and reset everything was good. It was a 750Li

faron678 11-25-2019 06:48 PM

UPDATE:
i replaced the after market CMP with an OEM Honda sensor. Same result. Car still dies and gives P0365 code. I have absolutely no idea where to go from here.
Any help at all would be great.
thanks in advance

Seanjordan20 11-25-2019 07:00 PM

I'm sorry I posted on the wrong forum. I thought I was on the BMW forum. A total different troubleshooting technique. I apologize.

Seanjordan20 11-25-2019 07:04 PM

How old is your battery. It seems as if you are having an electrical issue. Is your starting turning over fine? Have you made sure you connector was in good shape and supplying the signal