Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   2006 EX Sedan Speaker Fit? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/2006-ex-sedan-speaker-fit-4321/)

trihonda 08-02-2006 02:22 AM

2006 EX Sedan Speaker Fit?

I know the rears are 6x9's, but what fits in front? I'm guessing 6.5"...? What are the mounting depths and such? Anyone have a link to instructions for getting to the speakers? Thanks.

trihonda 08-02-2006 05:16 PM

RE: 2006 EX Sedan Speaker Fit?

I have to believe somebody knows this...

92Inspire 08-03-2006 12:35 AM

the front door is 5 1/4" as for depth ur probably gonna have to measure, especially if you have rain/weather protectors in there, little plastic seats that the speakers sit in to protect them from rain/weathering. you can always take them out and then put the speakers in, but either way just measure. or go to best buy and use the "what fits my car computer" gives you all the specs.

trihonda 08-03-2006 01:50 AM

Any chance the front can fit 6.5"s? Most honda fit guides call for 5.25" in the front, but with little to no modification, you can usually get 6.5"s (or even 6.75") in there. As far as the rain guards, those are easy fixes, and the cradles usually can be mod'd to fit. I was just wondering what people have put in there already. Also, anyone know how the speakers are accessable? Do you just pop off the speaker grill or is door removal necessary? I like to know first, before I start prying on parts that aren't supposed to be pried. I have NO experience with Accords, just Civics... Any support would be greatly appreciated. And as for Crutchfield, they're great for a ball-park fit, but I don't trust their fit guides too much. Too often, I find them to be inaccurate. And, what happened to them simply listing all the speakers openings and mounting depths, now all they do is generate a giant list of speakers that fit into your car. I like the old method better.
-Cheers

92Inspire 08-03-2006 01:56 AM

yes 61/2's will fit some accords. for me door removal is neccesary. but on urs im not sure. you can pry on the grill and if it doesnt come off with ease than its not removable. duh. lol

fireballer44 08-03-2006 03:55 AM

I am not sure about the 2006, but I fit 6.5s in my 1991 fairly easily. Here's how:

1. Remove stock mount
2. Get a piece of plexiglass (or MDF can work too), I like to use 1/4inch plexi
3. Trace around stock mount onto material.
4. Cut out around tracing as good as possible with a band saw or jigsaw
5. Use stock mount to mark holes where screws go to hold mount to car
6. Cut out speaker hole using supplied template or guess it a bit (HINT: it is not a 6.5" hole)
7. Mount speaker to new mount
8. Connect wires and mount to car.

Mine is great, I did it in this car, did it in my old one complete with a mount for the tweeters of the component set.

trihonda 08-03-2006 09:33 PM

I do a similar trim piece fabrication with almost every speaker I've installed. i usually wind up using some old scrap wood laminate flooring (bout 3/8" thick). It's uber solid and allows for easier cutting installation than plexi. Plus, unless your plexi trim piece is visible, it doesn't pay to use it. Wood typically has better resonance than plexi. Using the factory speakers as a cut guide is a nice way to ensure propper fit.

I'd still be interested if someone has done a speaker install on an 06 Accord.