Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   2006 Honda accord heater blower problems (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/2006-honda-accord-heater-blower-problems-47434/)

fcmiles 05-11-2012 08:48 AM

2006 Honda accord heater blower problems

I have a 2006 Honda Accord 4 door. The problem that I have is when I remove the key from the ignition I still have power to heater blower and controls. I have no way to turn the lights off on the controls, after the car sits for a few days the battery dies. I tried fues and relays under hood.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

redbull-1 05-11-2012 11:39 AM

Sounds like a shorted relay. I would check the A/C Compressor clutch relay and the blower motor relay. I don't have the relay diagram; but, on some Honda and Acuras, they are located right next to each other. -- I know you said you checked relays; but, there are many relays in the car. Good luck. :)

TexasHonda 05-11-2012 12:09 PM

I agree w/ RB on relay. I checked shop manual and blower motor relay is in the underhood fuse box.

Anything else on? The relay is energized by keyswitch, so bad keyswitch assy would cause similar effect, but other electrical items would be on also.

good luck

fcmiles 05-11-2012 06:13 PM

I checked all the relays in the under hood fuse box. I pulled the out one by one to see if the power would go off. No such luck. Its only the blower and the blower controls that have power when key is out. There is always a little light on, green/orange depends on the selected button on the controls.

TexasHonda 05-12-2012 08:37 AM

You must have pulled the wrong relay.

The wiring diagram clearly shows power flows from blower motor relay wht/blu wire directly to blower motor. There are no other paths for power to the motor, unless someone has hot-wired the blower.

If you look at the under-hood fuse box from front of vehicle, the blower motor relay is #21, 2nd component from left in upper (furtherest aft) row of components.

I'm assuming you have a 4-cyl. A V6 engine may be slightly different and underhood fuse box arrangement could be different. I doubt wiring diagram is any different.

good luck

poorman212 05-12-2012 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda (Post 281098)
I'm assuming you have a 4-cyl. A V6 engine may be slightly different and underhood fuse box arrangement could be different. I doubt wiring diagram is any different.

TX- I checked the wiring on the 4 and the 6....they are the same.

redbull-1 05-12-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212 (Post 281105)
TX- I checked the wiring on the 4 and the 6....they are the same.

Hi Friend,
Where is the AC compressor clutch relay on the OP's car?

That relay sometimes caused problems on many of the 7th gen Accord Hybrids, they sometimes would intermittently short and was the cause for some battery drains.

poorman212 05-12-2012 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In the same under hood box, the pic here is from a v6.....not sure if the 4 has the exact config but it is also in the underhood box.

fcmiles 05-12-2012 10:22 PM

I will try the relays again tomorrow. thanks for the suggestions.
Also my wife took the car today and said that the blower worker normal at some times and had these issues at other times. It is a 4 cy. Would it be a relay if it periodicaly works properly?

redbull-1 05-12-2012 11:00 PM

It may possibly a problem with the blower power transistor, located on the passenger side under dash area. The power transistor can be repaired or replace if it is faulty.