Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   2007 Accord Windows (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/2007-accord-windows-46279/)

i4getlots 03-18-2012 03:30 PM

2007 Accord Windows

So i have a 2007 accord ex, auto. i know there is a post about replacing the driverside window switch as the fix. as a temporary fix im going to go to a junk yard, cuz i love going there!! always fun.

my question is do i have to get the switch from the same year or will any year work as long as its similar? also could i use a switch from say a CRV??

PAhonda 03-18-2012 05:09 PM

You will need one from a sedan or coupe, depending on what you have.

In the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help section, there is a link to a thread about parts compatibility. That should identify other hondas using the same switch.

i4getlots 03-18-2012 08:21 PM

im sorry i forgot to say what body style i have, i have a sedan. i thought i put it in there lol

Thanks for the reply!!

i4getlots 03-20-2012 10:19 PM

so does anyone know of a way to bypass the switch? cuz my windows are stuck halfway and money is a little tight right now...like crossing wires or something? or getting a 12v source to the window motor or switch??

Hondahonda 03-20-2012 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by i4getlots (Post 274150)
so does anyone know of a way to bypass the switch? cuz my windows are stuck halfway and money is a little tight right now...like crossing wires or something? or getting a 12v source to the window motor or switch??

If it's the window modulator that won't push the window up you can try holding the button and thwacking the door with a rubber mallet.

I have a passenger side rear door that has a burnt-out motor for the automatic door opener and every now and then it will pop up when I unlock all the doors. Keep trying maybe you'll eventually get lucky?

i4getlots 03-21-2012 08:43 AM

nevermind! i figured out which wires to cross to get the windows to close and open :-) now i just have to get the funds to buy a new master switch :-(

Hondahonda 03-21-2012 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by i4getlots (Post 274176)
nevermind! i figured out which wires to cross to get the windows to close and open :-) now i just have to get the funds to buy a new master switch :-(

Pick n pull around here sells one for $15

i4getlots 03-22-2012 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hondahonda (Post 274273)
Pick n pull around here sells one for $15

are you referring to junk yards?? cuz i went to 1 and didnt find any 07 accord...lots of civics lol...and i called another place and they didnt have any.

Hondahonda 03-22-2012 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by i4getlots (Post 274361)
are you referring to junk yards?? cuz i went to 1 and didnt find any 07 accord...lots of civics lol...and i called another place and they didnt have any.

Right, you'll probably need to go to a more upscale salvage yard, somebody who caters only to Asian cars or imports. It will be a little more expensive, but you'll get it cheaper than the dealer I guarantee.

poorman212 03-23-2012 05:22 PM

try using car-part dot com.