General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

91 Accord SE 4door Automatic brake light that comes on intermittent….

Old 09-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Default 91 Accord SE 4door Automatic brake light that comes on intermittent….

Hello to all 1st and foremost thanks to all that helped out with my previous inquiries on the site. I need some more help now as I am chasing a ghost here that Is what I feel like. I have a brake warning light that comes on only when the car is sitting in the sun for a while and then goes off after I drive the car then remove the key and then restart the car. This warning light usually means there is a bulb burned out but obviously I have a short as I have already replaced all the bulbs in the rear of the car. Also I will add that all the lights are working fine in the rear of the car as I saw them working when someone else used the brakes for a test. I am at a loss here on what to check next and what could be wrong seeing that I have already troubleshooted a lot of things. I believe this to be model specific as I owned other 90 accords (2 door) and this never happened before. I am sure there must be someone on these forums with the same/similar problem on the same year/model Honda. Hence why I am typing here and if so can someone please advise me why this is happening and what can be done to fix this problem. I also might add there is a strange looking computer box with 2 lights in the back trunk on the passengers side. I don’t know what it is or what it does? I am wondering if this control box could be connected to my problem. Please advise me if anyone on here knows anything. Since the problem only occurs for a short while and then goes away it is very hard for me to trace/find any short in the car or where it might be. Does anyone on here know if these accords were prone to have shorts in the rear of the cars wiring? If so where is the short as that could be my problem? Thanks for your help on here look forward to hearing from some of you.
Dave