Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   95 EX Accord won't start after grounding issues fixed. (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/95-ex-accord-wont-start-after-grounding-issues-fixed-46443/)

NITROUS23032 03-25-2012 11:34 PM

95 EX Accord won't start after grounding issues fixed.

Short story long, I bought this 1995 Honda Accord EX Coupe; it came wrecked badly even so I decided to give it a second chance, Airbags were blown out and passenger side harness was all messed up, I decided to go with it because the engine was in very good shape.

Engine always was able to turn on through all the repair process, I replaced the passenger side harness and tuned on the car, had some grounding issues that did not allowed the lights to function properly and it was the typical G301 loosen ground, well I disassembled the whole front and got them fix; put the horns cause they were not installed.

My guess is this being caused by the SRS since once I remember trying to turn it on with the SRS computer connected (it came with SRS disconnected) and start was blocked until I unplugged it.

I checked all if the fuses and they're OK, car cranks but I hear nothing coming from the fuel pump; I have not checked the Fuel Relay so it might be it not sure until I test it.

So basically i'd like to know if somebody knows a way to bypass the SRS current cutout (kind of like inertia switch).

Any help will be highly appreciated.

NITROUS23032 04-02-2012 03:12 PM

anybody can give me a hint on these?

redbull-1 04-02-2012 03:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It may be another ground issue now or even a fuse. Check ground G1 and G101, also check fuse no. 1 (10A) in the under dash fuse box.

NITROUS23032 04-03-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 (Post 275720)
It may be another ground issue now or even a fuse. Check ground G1 and G101, also check fuse no. 1 (10A) in the under dash fuse box.

Thanks redbull-1, I was losing the hope on this, problem is not solved yet; maybe I forgot to mention but the car used to start up correctly before even whit the messed up wiring. I'll check the grounding you mention just in case.

The car cranks and has spark, I haven't played around the timing belt so that is discarded as well, the only thing I notice is the fuel pump is not making the typical humming sound to load the fuel rail, meaning somewhere the fuel pump is getting the current interrupted, I'll also check the main relay to check it isn't the reason for these problems.

Another detail is that after the the passenger side harness was replaced the turn signals are not coming on while driver side are working OK. I have also checked the switch for that.

Well, it still looks kinda blurry but I have to keep on checking what it could be.

Thanks Again!