Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   '98-'02 Door Latch Not Working (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/98-02-door-latch-not-working-28915/)

alienspawn 06-28-2011 06:02 PM

Good Afternoon Kenich,
Im having this same problem with my driver side door on my 99 Accord EX. Im trying to find the spot you are talking about but cannot see anything that matches the discription you gave. Would REALLY love to not have to drill the door. Thanks

PAhonda 06-28-2011 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I attached a pic of a passenger one I found on Ebay, so the driver's side will look the same, except that it will be a mirror image (like your right and left hands).

That white plastic piece has to be removed based on the above post. I kind of circled the area that I think you need to look at based on kenich53's post.

If you figure this out, post a pic on here showing exactly where the release is at, so others can see how to do this.

POSOHC 03-22-2012 02:20 PM

PITAccord

1 Attachment(s)
Having the same problem in my 99 4cyl 5spd coupe.
Got the door panel, interior handle rod, lock actuator and white piece off.
The rods for the lock knob, key, and exterior handle wont budge. Attached is a pic of where I am. I am not seeing an inch diameter disk to turn between the two big bolts.
Please advise as I am getting tired of climbing over everything to get in and out.

Thanks

Joe

POSOHC 03-22-2012 02:25 PM

I am new and this looks kind of old is there a way to bump it up so someone will see?

poorman212 03-22-2012 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Something like this ?

POSOHC 04-02-2012 06:32 PM

resolved

1 Attachment(s)
Well I pulled a working lock mechanism off of a 99 odyssey at the junk yard. It looked to me like pretty much all of the hondas had the same style although I did have to keep my exterior handle rod which was pressed in. I clipped the ring around it and soldered it back together after I put mine in. It was an inch or two longer. After I burnt through a drill bit and got tired of laying across the ebrake I figured out how to open it while locked with a small screwdriver. Let me know if I can clarify my art. Again my issue was that the door would not open from the inside or outside with all 4 rods connected and seemingly working.

red92xblue 04-22-2012 06:33 PM

getting the door open

Removing the Striker so the door can be opened. remove the driver seat (14 mm socket) , remove the center pillar plastic cover (between the doors), remove the seat belt(14mm and 13 mm socket) . The plastic trim will cover the access hole you are going to make so dont worry about the hole , I cut (diegrinder) a rectangle in the center pillar to gain access to the 2 striker mounting bolts. Then grind the two bolts (you will see the threads sticking out) off. Hit the grinded part with a chisle and hammer just to jar it and the door will open ! Step two is do what ever everyone said before me except now you will have room to work because the door is open. Now wont have to crawl around . I will get the part lock assembly 72150-S84-A12 monday and report back

Charlys85 09-12-2012 03:34 PM

I have a 98 honda accord 2 door and the door wont open Do some one now where do i drill to open the door???

halfcase_xx 04-10-2013 07:07 AM

You don't have to drill. I open my GF's last nite about 10 oclock. You must remove the plastic cover(white) from the lock assembly. Use the key to lock the outside lock. You should see a black nipple like lever. Use a bent screwdriver to release the lever. There's another link i will try to tag if i can find it. (Civic door won't open from inside or outside FIX (no drilling) - Honda-Tech)