Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   98 and 99 Accord TCM! Where is it? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/98-99-accord-tcm-where-2067/)

shutupbiyaatch 02-20-2006 03:02 PM

98 and 99 Accord TCM! Where is it?

Trying to locate the TCM for a 98 and 99 Accord???

Anyone know where I can find it?

lightshow 02-20-2006 04:31 PM

RE: 98 and 99 Accord TCM! Where is it?

yea its in the passenger side kick panel

fiktion 04-11-2007 10:55 PM

I know this thread is a year old, but could you be a little more specific on where the TCU/TCM is at? I pulled the kick panel off, and the ABS Controller was behind it, not the TCU. I've searched EVERYWHERE. Someone said under the dash behind the center console, nope, just the SRS Unit and the ECU. Behind the passenger kick panel, nope, just the ABS Controller. Little help.... Please?

fiktion 04-12-2007 03:03 AM

I also just read that on the Accords, the ECU and the TCU are integrated. Which of these urban legends are true? Where in the hell is this TCU?! [:@]

deserthonda 04-12-2007 03:14 AM

it is all 1 unit ecm/pcm.. it is located below the center dash, rt side of heater, in frt of the srs unit,, it has 3 gray and 1 blue connectors going to it

fiktion 04-12-2007 05:32 PM

Okay... Well, that I found, thank you for your response. By any chance, would me unplugging it for a second, then plugging it right back in cause my car to not start anymore? When I put everything back together (and reconnected my negative battery cable), I tried to start my car, and all it would do was turn over. I wasn't getting a spark. I'm pretty damn sure I plugged everything back in, but I am going to check again here in a second...

fiktion 04-12-2007 06:51 PM

Okay, got it to start. The first plug closest to the cabin was unplugged. Transmission's still messing up though, so that leads me to believe that my problem is not electrical, but mechanical. :( I was hoping it was going to be electrical since the engine light reading was "Torque converter clutch main circuit malfunction" - P0740

*sigh*

Look out wallet, you're fixing to be drained!

Jccaldwell1904 02-16-2016 08:08 PM

It's probably the tcc solenoid.

It's probably one of the solenoids more likely the tcc noid... I'm having same problem and am going to replace the tcc solenoid see if that helps also let me know so I know if it's the right direction to go in.

Originally Posted by fiktion (Post 49396)
Okay, got it to start. The first plug closest to the cabin was unplugged. Transmission's still messing up though, so that leads me to believe that my problem is not electrical, but mechanical. :( I was hoping it was going to be electrical since the engine light reading was "Torque converter clutch main circuit malfunction" - P0740

*sigh*

Look out wallet, you're fixing to be drained!